Hope (2)

Yesterday was my second day of high school, basically all that happened was shit went down in fourth period when these two brats got in a fight. At least that was the only entertaining thing, it was hilarious seeing them slap eachother. They were probably fighting over lipgloss or something stupid like that.

I walked into first period and sat in the corner again. A girl with long brown hair approached me, and surprisingly sat next to me. Then I recognized her, my old friend from New York. "Kailey?!" I whispered/yelled as I hugged her. "Oh so now you recognize me?" She says grinning. "I finally have someone who isn't insane here!" I replied. A lot of weight was lifted off my shoulders, I actually have a friend. One I know I can trust.

Kailey and I talked the entire period. I feel like an idiot for not recognizing her before. We decided to go outside instead of eating lunch, neither of us were really hungry. A guy walked past us, and grabbed Kailey's ass. "Do it one more time faggot, and I'll kick you in the balls. I have a boyfriend." She said in response. I laughed, she's still as sassy as I remember.

I went to fifth period and sat down. This is the only class I don't have with Kailey. Once again, the monkey kid decided to push me down. Yet, someone helped me up this time. Shocked, I looked up to see the framiliar gorgeous face. It was Jacob. He grabbed my things and held out his hand, I took it and he pulled me up. He handed me my things, "Thank you." I say smiling. "Anytime." He responds with a huge goofy grin on his face. Dang it, he's too cute.

I was so frustrated the rest of the period. I couldn't get Jacob out of my head. Was he flirting? No, no. Don't be stupid Jenna, He's just being nice. Thoughts raced through my mind the entire day. I slapped myself a few times, which earned lots of confused looks from people in the hallway. I closed my eyes while I was walking, trying to shake off the embarrassment. Then guess what? Oh, yeah, you guessed. I bumped into someone. Jacob. I looked up to him, embarrassed. "I'm so sorry!" I say groaning. "Hey, it's fine. I forgot to catch your name?"  He replied. "Jenna." I say smiling. "Here's my number, in case you want to talk a little more. I got to go, text me tonight?" He says, which makes my heart sink a little. "Sure!" And with that, he walked off. Oh my god... Maybe he does like me? Or am I getting my hopes up?

I can't decide. I've literally said like what, four words to him? And I'm already thinking I like him? "Don't be a slut, he's probably just another guy desperate to get in bed with you.." I mumble to myself.

I go home and greet my mom. I haven't seen her in a few days, since shes been on a work trip. "Hey sweetheart, how have your first days of school been?" She says gently. "Great!" I say with a fake smile, I lied. In all honesty, I wanted to reply with "Oh, they fricken sucked. I wanted to kill myself a few times and stab some people in the eyes with forks, but it's whatever." But I obviously kept that in. I laughed at my thought, and my mom looks at me confused. I go upstairs and check my phone.

Jacob😌: Hey Jenna, just wanted to say sorry about Michael pushing you down today, he isn't the smartest.

I'm guessing that's the monkey kid.

Me: It's fine, no worries. :)

I shut off my phone and found myself grinning. He cares. Does he like me? Do I like him? I feel like I question myself a lot...

(A/n oh snap... This is only the beginning. I have a plan for this story though, I'm trying to make it more unpredictable. I'll update either tonight or tomorow, bye cuties!❤️ INSTA- @jacobabes