Side Story: ~Scorching Love~

She didn't understand why she liked him.
What was it that made her fall in love with him?

"I'm back!"
"Ah, Kano! Welcome home." Kousuke greeted Shuuya with a big smile. His eyes lit up. Tsubomi could tell he was very happy since Shuuya came home early.

I can't be like Kousuke.

Tsubomi stared at Shuuya until he turned around, then she adverted her gaze.
"He~y, Kido! Don't ignore me~" Shuuya pouted and hugged her.
She couldn't do anything but be trapped in his arms. It was warm, and nice. She was also glad he was back early.

But that's right. I can't show my feelings as easily as Kousuke. Why is it so hard for me to say I'm glad?

*Crinkle*

"Eh?" Tsubomi heard the noise of plastic wrappers inside Shuuya's jacket. "What's that inside your jacket?"
"Oh, this!" He pulled out two lollipops. "This is for us," he smiled. "One for each of us. I bought it on the way home."
"Ah, thanks, Kano!" Kousuke's words of gratitude sounded from the kitchen.

She noticed there were only two. "Hey, Kano. Those probably aren't enough?"
Shuuya looked at the lollipops. "Ah," He realized. "You're right. Sorry." He apologized. "I must have given one to Nee-san..."
"You visited Nee-san?" Tsubomi asked. "Y-yeah. I mean, I offered her a lollipop as thanks," he smiled.

But it's not the same for him.

"But anyway, what are we going to do?" Shuuya gasped jokingly. "We might as well eat Seto! Hahaha!" He seemed pained just from talking about Nee-san.

I can never be like nee-san for Shuuya. But why...

"Kano."

Why...

"Or I might as well eat you, Kido?! Hahaha-"

Why did I fall in love with him despite that?

"Shuuya!"

Ahh, I don't care anymore. He won't look at me.

"You can have my lollipop, if you like." Tsubomi said, getting up from the sofa and going back to her room. "I don't like candy, anyway."

I'll give up; I will. Right now, I'm going to...

A hand grabbed her shoulder.

I remembered why I fell in love with you.

"Nuh-uh. No way. I told you, a lollipop for each one of us, and you, Tsubomi, will definitely get one!" Kano said, determined, and placed the lollipop on her hand. He gave her a smile.

You're too cruel. Giving me a smile that's leftover from Nee-chan's share.

"There, your lollipop, Tsubomi."

I know why I love you now. It's not confusing. I was just doubtful.
I love you because no matter what happens, you look out for us.
I know that you still love nee-chan. I'll probably never enter your line of sight.
But right now....

"Tsubomi? You okay?"

I'm content with just being with you. That's all I want.
So.. I'll bury these feelings.

"Eh?! Tsubomi, why are you crying?!"

But I'll still love you.

"It's nothing, Bakano."
And she smiled through tears, clutched the lollipop, a memory she held close to her heart.