"How is this possible, how can a medicine have different effects for different dilution rates," Damian asked with agitation.

"I was once told Belladonna was both a bane and a cure. In this situation it seems the definition apt. This Belladonna is definitely harming your father," Delilah said earnestly.

"Right in front of my very eyes. How could I not see?" Damian roared before taking a seat and clutching his head in his hands.

"The person who implanted this must have been very careful. Their plan obviously has been working for many months," Damian jolted up at her words, "Prince, this is no mistake. No one could be making this medicine without knowing the repercussions."

"Wait here," Damian jumped off his seat, "I am going to send my mother back with the good news and then I have to confront the person who has been supplying this medicine."

"Who?"

"My Uncle."

"Your Uncle?" Delilah was alarmed by the declaration, "But he was so distressed by your father's illness; I witnessed his grief myself."

"My Uncle has had trouble using his right knee without pain for quite some years now and he uses Belladonna to alleviate it. When my father was ill for the first time my uncle insisted he use his medicine; after all he had a continuous supply of pain medicine and it would have been sensible to utilize it," Damian ran a hand through his hair aggressively, leaving it in spikes.

"But it could still have been implanted on the man. The true villain might have wanted to frame him," Delilah tried to search for something less tragic than a betrayal.

"My Uncle is hearty and hale while my father lies fighting onto the last strands of his life. Both men should have been affected if that was the case," The Prince answered; fists clenched; crescents forming on his palms.

"I have to agree," Delilah conceded with a worried look. The Prince had taken to pacing in front of her and it took all of her will power to not take his hand and urge him to stop.

"I must deal with this now," The Prince uttered lowly unable to keep the panic seeping into his voice. The sudden vulnerability in his posture and tone broke Delilah's resolve and she finally stopped him from his endless march through the carpet that was beginning to show signs of being trod on relentlessly.

"I insist you have a seat, Prince. Your worrying is hardly conducive to the situation."

"I must tell my mother, confront my uncle, it cannot be delayed," He continued, haunted, as if he hadn't heard her words.

"Yes, you must but you should sit down first and recollect your thoughts and feelings. Only then you should talk to your mother and let her help you make decisions. This is her husband after all and she has more experience in ruling this Kingdom."

"That- that- Damned man was killing my father. How can I sit down?" The Prince erupted at Delilah but his molten blue eyes instantly softened, "I apologize."

"I can see you are in great pain; apologizes are unnecessary," Delilah bit her lip, "What do you intend to do?"

"I want a confrontation with the man, just one solitary conversation where I could ask him why?"

"Then take your guards with you. What if he puts your life in danger once he knows his game is up?" Delilah advised imaging all sorts of troubling scenarios in her head.

"I don't think a man older than my father could overpower me," Damian scoffed, finally taking a seat next to Delilah, close enough to make her fidget.