Chapter 7: NightMares

Start from the beginning

I stood on tip-toe and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck as I pulled him against me. I don’t know how but for some reason we both ended up sinking to the floor in a tangled heap of limbs, still kissing each other roughly as if this was our last kiss ever.

“Damn it,” he cursed, pulling me closer, “This is pathetic.”

“No kidding,” I muttered, burying my face in his neck for a moment before I kissed him again.

“Hey,” he said suddenly, pushing me away slightly, “You aren’t wearing shorts.”

I shrugged, “So? Does that bother you?”

He paused, cocking his head to the side, “No, I was just pointing out facts.”

I sat up so I was straddling his waist and put my hands on his chest, “I say we move back into the bed since I doubt being pinned on your back on my floor is very comfortable,” I said.

He sighed, sitting up but keeping one hand on the small of my back to keep me in his lap. He somehow picked me up as he stood and carried me back to the bed.

“You really shouldn’t do that you know,” I said as he lay down next to me.

“Do what?” he asked curiously.

“Carry me around,” I replied, rolling onto my stomach, “I’ve got two perfectly functioning legs you know.”

He shrugged, “Oh well.”

I rolled my eyes as I suddenly remembered something. I sat up throwing a leg over him so I was straddling him again. He leaned comfortably against the headboard and rested his hands on my thighs.

“You broke our deal,” I said seriously.

“Deal?” he frowned, looking puzzled, “What deal?”

I sighed in exasperation, “Remember a little while ago when you stayed the night and Matt called me in the morning to meet up in the park and talk about the Caleb situation?”

He scrunched his face up, “I think I remember it…” he said slowly.

“And remember our deal? I let you walk me to the park but you never ever acknowledge me in public unless absolutely necessary?” I said, tapping his nose.

He groaned, “That’s not fair! That was so long ago.”

I folded my arms, “It’s totally fair,” I said, “Even without remembering the deal you should know better than to talk to me.”

“Sorry,” he mumbled, “I couldn’t help it.”

“I hope you know we were so close to showing everyone we were together,” I pouted.

“How?” he exclaimed, confused.

“During the assembly when you had your face next to mine?” I reminded him, feeling exasperated, “Do you know how hard it was not to kiss you right then and there?”

He chuckled, “Sorry.”

“You sound so apologetic,” I said sarcastically.

“I’m very, very sorry,” he said, composing his face so he looked serious.

“Do you promise never to do it again?” I asked, putting my hands on his chest.

He grinned wickedly, “I make no guarantees.”

I leaned forward and bit his neck while I shifted my hips so I was basically grinding on him. A growl sounded at the back of his throat.

“Care to try and answer again?” I said, nibbling on the spot between his jaw and ear.