Chapter 8

Bella's Point of view

I could had easily forgotten about going over to Kasey's if she wouldn't be texting me every five minutes.

Kasey: heyyyy you ready?!

Me: oh yeah I forgot to tell you that my mom is out and cant take me

Kasey: no prob! Ill go for you!

Me: yaaaaay.. okay

Kasey: ;) :)

I paced in my room thinking of what to say when she comes. Lately I have been thinking too much and is starting to affect my well-being. I chuckled. So ironic. I saw a car park in front of my house and it felt like if I could hear Kasey talking. I took a deep breath and headed towards her.

Kasey's Point of view

I knew right away that I wasn't one of Bella's favorite people. I couldn't blame her; it was just how I am. When she agreed to work with me, I got to admit, I was shocked. She most likely felt pity but whatever; I had a partner. "So, is she your girlfriend Kasey?" My mom asked with a raised eyebrow. "Mom!" I shouted, feeling my face warm up and turning red, "She's just a friend." At least I hoped she was.

We pulled over in front of her house and for some odd reason I got nervous. I felt as if I was suddenly being pulled in different directions from my stomach to the other parts of my body. I was so focus on my nervousness that I didn't see her open the door. She looked surprised for some odd reason. "Oh. Hello ma'am" she said. Oh right. She probably thought I was picking her up. "Oh! Hey Bella! Um, this is my mom." She nodded and reached over to shake my mom's hand. One. "I'll sit in the back then." She mentioned. "Oh yeah! Of course! Sure!" My mom looked at me with one of those faces that say, "Yep, I was right." I shook my head and we took off. The ride was mostly quiet except for my mom's Mexican music playing. I assumed quietness is something Bella would like.

When we got home, my mom offered to go buy us pizza. "Yes!" I exclaimed. One of the few things that I like about myself is the fact that I can eat like a pig and not gain a single pound. Bella nodded and said thank you. Two. We went to my room and started talking about what our project should be about. The topic that they gave us was issues faced by the world today. "How about we discuss about corrupt governments" I suggested. Bella just gave me a simple sure. She seemed distracted, yet I didn't want to ask what was wrong. I decided to start on my little experienced. "Hey, how about we watch some videos?" I asked Bella. "Sure" she responded. I browsed through YouTube until I found some cat vines. We started watching them and instantly I started laughing; Bella just sat there looking blankly at the screen. Three. When it was over all she said was, "That was funny." I looked at her with a confused look. I had to ask her. "Why don't you ever smile Bella?"

Bella's Point of view

"Why would you ask me that Kasey?" "Since I picked you up, you had three occasions occurring where you could had smiled, and you didn't. I couldn't believe she kept track. "You really don't want to know why." I said. I didn't want her to know why. We barely started talking and I wasn't going to tell her one of the few things that I want to forget; but something inside me needed to tell someone. It was trying to get out; why was it doing that? I have no idea. I sighed. "I will tell you when I'm ready." She smiled. "Okay then." Surprisingly, it was the first time she spoke in a quiet, calm tone.

Happy Holidays.