Little Talks

The song "Little Talks" has been in my head for some time and it also makes me think of Hermione and Severus for some reason.

I want to dedicate this chapter to
Aisling1949
And
RiaKulkarni

     "Who's there?" Hermione asked as her wand flew to her hand quicker than the speed of light.

     "Oh come now Professor Granger, as if I would harm a fellow teacher." With that he stepped towards her revealing royal dark blue teaching robes.

     "Oh, I'm sorry force of habit." The young witch sighed with a shaky laugh as she twirled her wand through her fingers, to have it close just in case.

     "It's quite alright. I'm Andrew Right. It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Granger." He bowed formally that was almost as elegant as Lucius Malfoy. He had a charming smile, was a little taller than she was but not as tall as Severus and was skinny but not scrawny. He had piercing blue eyes that would put the hope diamond to shame, which went perfectly with his olive tan skin dark robes and messy sandy blonde hair.

     "Well it is nice to meet you, Mister Right. Is there anything you needed?" She asked politely, she didn't like how he had first greeted her and was still a little uneasy about the entirety of the situation.

     "Yes, I just wanted to meet the apprentice that Snape took on. I was shocked to hear he actually took someone on, but I'm also glad there is someone else here that appreciates potions, preferably someone I could talk to as well. Snape isn't very uh – talkative – as a way to put it. Although it is nice to see that someone as beautiful as you has something in common with me." He admitted with a smile. Hermione chuckled trying to forget about the comment he made about her appearance.

     "Yes well, I heard that you are teaching Ancient Runes, that was one of my favorite subjects." Hermione explained trying to change the subject and Right beamed at her.

     "That's great maybe you could sit in with a few of my classes and help out. If Snape allows you to that is." He asked and Hermione thought about it.

     "That would be splendid but I would have to ask Severus about it first. Maybe some time after the first few weeks after all of the students have settled in and everything." Hermione offered curiously.

     "Oh, yes that would be perfect. And please, call me Andrew." He offered his hand. Hermione put her wand away and took it. Andrew lifted her hand to his lips and gently kissed her knuckles causing Hermione to blush slightly. "Well, until next time, Hermione~." He rolled her name off of his tongue as he walked away with a wink. Oh the nerve of some people, trying to charm her and having the audacity to look smug after making her face flush further. So what if he was cute and smart, he so wasn't her type. Plus she had Severus. And she didn't care for all of the flirtsy theatrics. After a while it got annoying, especially being a war hero, people never stopped trying to charm her, although it did die down about now. Hermione walked to the potions class room and opened the door with a flick of her wrist. The door closed with a flourish of her magic, locked and warded without a second thought. Severus was shocked when Hermione barged in, the door closing it without even thinking about it.

     "Hermione?" Severus asked quietly, not trying to startle her.

     "Oh! Merlin you scared me, Severus. I didn't know you were in here..." She took a deep breath and walked up to him. The brown haired witch wrapped her arms around his middle and hugged him, burying her face in the back of his robes as he magically wrote directions on the board.

     "Hermione, are you alright?" He asked as he turned around and held her against his chest.

     "I think I just met Gilderoy Lockhart's twin." She huffed against his robes; the young witch breathed in his scent and relaxed some.