Chapter 10: I CAN'T BREATH!

"So this is it!" Sam exclaimed as we sat behind the yellow tubes, eating some corn dogs.

I rubbed my eyes, still tired from the night before. We had only slept for 6 hours and I need my full 8 hour sleeps. But I like the idea of getting used to partying all summer. "Yep!" I muffled while chewing on my corn dog.

"I don't care if this seems wrong, watching Adam and all, but he has never really been on a date before.

"Really?" I gasped. "This is going to be extra fun then."

It was 1 pm. We watched as Adam walked over to sit on a bench by the entrance and waited. Not long after, a grinning Josy, wearing short-shorts and a light blue tank top came up to Adam.

"Hi Adam! It feels like it's been forever!" she squealed.

"Ohh PFFT! It's only been an hour!" I mumbled. Sam chuckled at me.

"So should we get a 2 person tube or do you want to just go beside me?" Adam asked.

"2 person, definitely." she giggled. Luckily for us, as they got on, we noticed a rollerblading pathway that followed exactly where the lazy river went.

We quickly rented some Rollerblades and started on the path, just as they got pushed away into the river.

Now, you gotta know that this is not a 30 second ride, this is about 8 minutes long. So about a minute in we look down to were Adam and Josy were riding along and Josy has her arm dangling into the water but it's on the right-which is where Adam was sitting. He looked at her and smiled.

He put his hand around her shoulder and she giggled.

Sam smiled, "How much more cheesy can these 2 get."

We ducked behind the railing when Josy looked up. "Wow these trees are beautiful, aren't they?" She said.

"Yeah. But you still think your beautiful after living her for half your life? You never get tired of them?"

"Never. I will never get tired of climbing the palm trees to get fresh coconuts."

"Oh come on, Nobody climbs these palm trees! It's like...impossible!" I blurted.

"Really? maybe we shoudl try some time," suggested Sam.

Towards the end we realized that the lazy river ends at the bay. "Where is it gonna lead us?" asked Sam.

"I guess we'll see in a bit." I figured.

As Adam and Josy plopped into the bay, the path lead Sam and I to a little cement pad with a booth. It said "Rollerblade drop off". We dropped off our rollerblades and I took our flipflops out of my draw-string bag. Then we turned a few corners and we were at the bay.

We sat down a little further from them, enough that they wouldn't notice us.

Adam had layed their towels down by an umbrella and set a cooler down in the shade.

"Adam can you put some suntan lotion on me?" Josy asked.

"Sure," he agreed and rubbed it on her back.

"Let me put some on you. I'm the best at it." She informed him. He didn't say anything but Josy still did it.  She really got into it, digging her hands into his back and neck.

She layed there, suntanning for a bit while Adam munched on some chips.

"OOH! Can you do like flips and stuff?" she questioned him.

"No" he mumbled.

"Watch me do a back flip, okay?"

"Mhm," he smiled.