"Oh well. Maybe I can get the Snyder to go and play with the laser light; he got it for Christmas and never seems to play with it. I guess he's just a lazy cat." I sighed. Bored and nothing better to do I went into the library. There was hundreds of books in there and I have read over half of them. We do not have a TV, or any other gaming system, except for a computer. But that is for my father, he won't let me go on it because he says it will fry my brain. I really don't think that would happen though.

I got a book but it had no title so I sat down on the porch couch and started to read this mysterious book. When I got half way through it the phone rang. I sighed and put the book down and went to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Oh, hello this is your Aunt Ginger calling to make sure you don't miss school tomorrow!" She happily said.

"Ok, Aunt Ginger I won't forget to set my alarm. Just make sure to water the plants in your garden." I answered with the same cheery tone.

"Oh! Thank you for reminding me! Well I have to go now, bye-bye!" She hung up.

Well now I have to set the alarm on my clock and get back to reading my book. When I got back downstairs there was a knock on the door and I went over to see who it was. When I opened the door a person was kneeling down and he looked like he was in pain.

"Can I help you?" I asked confused.

The person looked at me and then back to his original position.

"Can you please help me inside?" He asked between clench teeth.

"Yes-I can," I answered quickly.

I took a hold of his right arm and put it over my shoulder. He groaned in pain as we moved toward the couch. He flopped down on the couch and kept holding is other arm with his good one. I went upstairs and got the medical kit to patch up his wound. I also went into the bathroom and grabbed a warm towel to clean his wound. When I got back to the living room, and to my surprise, he had a fork and was digging at the wound with it.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled.

He stopped and looked at me, then went back to digging in his wound. I left him at it and go the supplies to patch up his wound. When I had all of the supplies, I turned around and he was holding out his hand.

"What?" I asked with a little smile.

Well duh. He wants the supplies to patch up the wound himself, but that is not going to happen.

"Give me," he said like a little kid.

"Why?" I asked

"Because I want it." He said with a stupid tone.

"No. I will do it." I answered sharply.

He held out his arm for me to patch it up.

Gross! I really don't want to do this, "You made the wound worse you know."

He didn't say anything and just sat there watching me. He winced as I put the warm cloth on his wound, and then tried to jerk his arm away as I put the peroxide on it. Then he stopped refusing and let me put the bandage on his arm. After I was done he pulled his arm away and examined it. I gave him a glass of water and he took it.

"Are you lost?" I asked suspiciously.

"No. I was just passing by." He answered with a little disappointment.

"Why do you sound so sad?" I asked confused.

"Just am," he answered. "Could I stay here for the night?"

"You will have to stay here until your wound heals. There is no hospital around here. But the injury is not major so you don't have to go there." I answered.

He smiled and drank the water I gave him. I went back over to the first aid kit and put all of the extra supplies back in the box.

"Bye the way," I said. "What is your name?"

"..."

He won't answer? Why? Is he afraid that I will tell someone? Or is it for safety reasons?

"My name is Takumi." He said swiftly and then looked at me. "Yours?"

"Aki." I answered.

He shook his head and then got up off of the couch. "Do you have any Advil or pain medicine?"

"I don't think we do, but if you come with me we can go look in the bathroom." I said.

"Ok." He said bluntly.

We walked upstairs, up to my bathroom. It wasn't the biggest bathroom in the world but it could do. I went over to the closet and looked for a bin that kept all of our medications in it. I pulled it out and put it on the counter. Takumi looked over my shoulder and watched carefully. I looked in the bin and found some Advil but we didn't have very much so I might have to go and buy some more.

"Here I said giving him the Advil. Take these and I will go buy some more in town." I said giving him the bottle.

"How will you get to town?" He asked curiously.

"I usually walk there but we do have a horse so I can take him." I answered.

"Can I come?" he asked.

"Do you really want to come?"

He nodded his head.

I sigh, "Alright but you have to wear a jacket or something to cover up your arm or the towns' people will make you go to a hospital."

"Ok." He said with a happy smile.

He left to find a jacket and I put the medication back in the bin.

I went downstairs and he already had everything ready, I guess he really wants to go into town.

So I got my sweat shirt on and my sneakers. "Ready?"

He nodded and we set off to go outside when someone called the house phone.

I went over to the phone, "Hello?" I answered.

"Is this the residence with the Whites?" An old female voice came.

"Yes but if you want Mr. White, I can give you his cell phone number. He is away on a business trip right now." I answered.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you, I was just wondering if he was going to be in the office today. But thank you for answering my dear!" The woman exclaimed.

She hung up.

"Who was that?" Takumi asked curiously.

"Some old lady asking if my dad was going to be in the office today." I answered.

"Who does your dad work for?"

"Some Computer Software company. Why?" I asked.

"Just wondering, my dad also works with computer software. He runs the main computer company up in New York. So he's not home a lot." Takumi answered.

"That is where my dad was heading. He said we might move up there if he gets the job." I answered.

"Oh well if you are moving down there I will too. So you have someone you know in the same school..." He mumbled.

"Wait you're in school too?" I asked confused.

"Well yea, what teen wouldn't go to school?" He asked in a stupid tone.

"I don't know. One that doesn't want to go to school." I answered.

"Well I go to school, but you don't. I know that because I have never seen you in school..."

"My father always homeschooled me, so I never got the chance to go to a normal school. But now I can because he is letting me go this month." I answered back quickly.

"Oh well we better get going to the store or we won't get back until dark." He said quickly.

"'K." I answered.