Ch. 7 Your betrayal

Erin had betrayed me.
Erin had left me.
Erin chose Nova over me.

Why?

I was younger and I was more handsome! I had more authority and I was the fricken gang leader here!

What was so great about Nova?

"Sir, I know that I am still you henchman but I can't let you do something foolish!"

Foolish? Me? Bullcrap!

I glare at Nova then I glare at Erin. How dare she betray me like this! There are so many words I can use to describe her at the moment but I decided to avoid conflict with her and keep my mouth shut although I really wanted to demand some answers from her pretty little mouth.

In the end all of us - including Erin were dragged back to the mansion and my old man was pissed.

"I couldn't believe you left the house, tracked this girl down, attempted to beat up one of your Henchmen. Furthermore according to this girl you have already harmed her."

"Hmph"

"Don't give me attitude or else...-"

"Or else what? You won't give your position to me? Fine with me. I don't want this anyway!"

"Why you little...!"

Nova gently stepped between us "Please stop this, this young miss is afraid."

"You're right Nova." The old man patted him on the back "you really are a great guy. If only you were my son unless this lump of desires over here."

This again...

Why does everyone imply on comparing me and Nova? Sure we have differences but that doesn't make all that much more special than me.

I loom at Erin who is covering her body like a small animal. I would like myself to go over there an hug her but with my old man here I guess right now isn't such a good time. But one thing flashes my mind. Why did Erin choose him over me? He might know how to cook or clean but...I could learn those things easily! In a day or even two! So why Erin? Are you so willing and eager to leave me? Is it because I hurt you? Or that Nova was the better man?!

My eyes hold my confusion and frustration and deep down I feel as if she can read my eyes and she responds with her saddened eyes full of light tears.

That special night she whispered that she wouldn't mind running away with me so why wasn't this how I envisioned?! Why was she happy with someone else so easily?

Nova didn't rescue her from those douches! Nova didn't buy a big bag of fresh pork buns! He didn't do nothing. ..

"Young master, have you cooled your head a little?"

"No. Shut up." Now I was just mad at Nova. It was frankly his faulf nothing was going to plan at all. I glared at Nova and gave him the traitor look.

"Young master..."

I would rather stay tied up then apologize. Especially if I haven't done anything wrong.

I close my eyes for a signal for Nova to stop talking and leaving me alone. At this rate I might stay shackled here for the rest of my life since I did attack my own men which breaks the rule:

NO SHOWING STRANGE/ESASTIC BEHAVOUR.

This is basically showing weird changes that normally you didn't show but hell wasn't stuff like this normal? I am still a young man after all.

Still a rule is a rule so it's natural I get my punishment right? It's a punch from the current boss.

But it seems the old man probably wants to change that punishemnt since he knows no better than anyone I would not change my ways from a simple punch.

It was then that Erin's voice cut through the silence
"Um, may I be able to have a word with Mr Hak...Alone?"

My old man and Nova looked at each other then proceeded to look at me.

"It should be fine as long as he's restrained..." my old man mumbled while scratching the back of his head.

"Then, I believe it is alright if we stand outside? Please do not worry Miss Erin, this room was meant to be a torture room so it is completely soundproof so please feel free to speak of whatever you wish."

Hmph! He's always been polite! But he's bisexual so I don't really blame him.

The two men left the room, gently closing the door behind them as they left.

That left Erin and me alone.

With me chained up there were many things we could be doing now...buuuuut seeing that serious look on her face I decided to stay silent and listen to her.

"Hak."

Her voice was like a snake. Tempting me..Right now all I wanted was to break these chains and embrace her for all eternity.

"Hak, you didn't tell me you were part of a gang..."

"Would you have stayed with me otherwise? Would you still look at me the same?!"

She paused and thought about i before replying
"How am I looking at you right now?"

I look onto her eyes watching my own reflection shine.

"I wanted to ask you...why did you lock me up here?"

"Because I love you."

"H-huh?" She looked at me with shock.

"I know you are not a girl that should be locked away. I know you should be able to fly freely. But I still want to protect you..." These feelings were no lie. These emotions were what I have always felt.

She came closer and started to caress my cheeck.
"I-I have to admit to you...That I...loved you as well."

"!"

"I'm sorry for calling you a traitor, I just thought this was your way of not accepting me because of my secret."

"I-I..."

"But I have to go now."

"What? Why?!"

We finally opened up to each other!

"Your father has requested I leave you for me staying here will only cause trouble for you."

No! NO!

That was when I discovered why I was chained here.

"Did my father plot this all?!"

She looked at my expression sadly.

"Um, I really wanted to explain more but my flight is due soon and Nova was going to let me pack. I have to say...Goodbye"

Erin left through the door out of my sight.

All I could so was stay chained screaming after her desperately.

------------------------------------------

A/N: By the way the next chapter will be the last one for this book. More details in the next chapter.