Ch. 6 The memories in both

Liar

I never remembered lying to her. When have I given her nothing but the best? I know I might be a little to extreme but Erin is in danger. Not now but sooner or later someone else will notice her and they would probably do what she fears most. I would never do that! I wouldn't lie to her! Yet here she is calling me a liar, the same title she gave those people.

I ignored her and continued our daily routine of capture and chase. I understood Erin wanted to leave, she probably misses her life but she can start a new one with me. Erin and I love each other, I know it from the way she stared at me back then. Her lips always smooth and kissable. How she would loosen her bun so that streaks of hair would cover her pale neck.

"Young master..." A voice creeps behind me and I notice it was one of my attendants Nova who had dark brown hair and a scar over his left eye that he kept closed at all times. He was the most loyal of my men and I trusted him withe everything. Of course, I told him about Erin and he actually gave me some advice on how to make her accept that she would have to stay here until I had determined it was safe here.

I ask Nova what was wrong and he had wanted to request a meeting with Erin. I know that Nova would never lay a hand on my girl but what was with this all of a sudden?! I ask him for a reason and he just explains that he would like to know what kind of food she prefers and she wouldn't tell me because of the recent circumstances. I thought that was an acceptable reason and besides, she might need a friend and with the way I see things Nova is a respectable young man who is bisexual anyway.

I let him inside and stand outside the door, the room is soundproof so I can't really hear what's going on in there but I am a gentleman so it's not like I am going to eavesdrop. I lean and breathe in feeling the breeze from the open window soothe my thoughts and soon I become easily swayed by the dictation of the wind. My mind shuts down and my last thoughts are me and Erin walking down a flower path and holding hands and before I know It I am carried back to bed by Nova and drifting away in a distant sleep.

When I wake up a few hours later, I realize it's night and I slowly get out of bed. I needed to see Erin and to see that she didn't break out but I hardly think that's possible since I made sure that there were always a few guards standing outside in the case that she might try to leave while I'm busy or sleeping.

As I open the door to her room I see her body covered in sheets hiding her adorable face, as I step closer to unravel her I quickly realize that there was no body under the sheets and it was just two pillows resembling a human body. Enraged I run out of the room and inform several guards about where Erin is, they all reply that they have been watching for a while and nothing has entered and left that room. I have no doubts in my men but if they claim no one left the room then that must mean she escaped through the window or when they weren't looking.

I have a betrayer in my midst.

This person helped Erin escape.

Although this is baseless thinking it is the only way Erin could escape from this barren room. I leave the men and go to see my father, I suspect him first as the man who has let Erin escape but when I think more carefully I realise that Erin has never met my father so why would she trust him all of a sudden? But there are many openings where Erin could have met him without my knowledge. Like when I was having a nap...

The last person visiting Erin was...

Nova.

I quickly sprint back to the guards and demand them "Where is Nova?!"

They looked puzzled and reply "Sir! Nova has had business and has not returned home for the day yet."

"This business is?"

"Family business! His mother is sick so he went to visit her!"

"..." I didn't believe that crappy excuse for a second. I grab my bag and set out to the only place Erin could be.  The pork bun shop.

As I walk countless miles I go back to the shop and freeze when I see Nova AND Erin. Together. Talking. Smiling.

"He...come....soon....be.....hide....I....master....do....rash."

Those were the only words I could hear from where I was standing but it was enough to know that Nova had been the traitor! I get ready my pocket knife which was my weapon of choice. Betrayers have no room in my gang. They would be exterminated on the spot. But Nova had been faithful, I might have to decide on a punishment after inflicting some pain after what he did.

As I storm in closer Nova senses my presence and quickly disables my knife but I had more where that came from and grab another knife from my back pocket.

We attack each other, Nova my most faithful man, doing the one thing I thought he could never do. I lean forward and try to reach for Erin and claim her again but then I see her shivering like when she told me her big secret. That horrible secret. That face makes me tremble on the spot and Nova then wrestles me to the ground and I have my arms tied behind my back. It's not like I don't know how to break free from Nova's grasp but I just don't want to see Erin trembling anymore.

I lay there on the ground staring at my beautiful Erin, hoping that she would look at me again but alas she turns her mesmerising eyes away and I feel a little hurt.

"Young master, I'm sorry but right now you are a threat to Miss Erin and the gang. The master has ordered me to separate you and Erin and you are to be engaged to another woman."

Those were the last words I heard before darkness enveloped me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: i am so sorry for the story getting crappier.
I hope you will still continue to read this story and support me!