Ch 1. First sighting

When I first saw her I had no idea what came over me.
Me, the son of a gang leader and said son that was going to take over the gang soon, staring at a girl selling pork buns at a corner shop.
Her hair was tied in a neat pretty bun and she was wearing a short China dress that did nothing but exaggerate the thinness of her physique, her face was that of a china doll with her thick eyelashes that fluttered like a butterfly's wing, taking flight into the summer days.
She was smiling an angelic smile while giving a fresh bag of pork buns to an elderly lady giving her a few silver coins. Not only was she a beauty but a hard worker as well. She would make a good wife.
Wait! What was I thinking?! Sure I'm still 21 years old but the gang doesn't need me to marry so soon! And with a woman who would no doubt shriek at the mention of our activities. She would never accept me for who I am.

While I slumber in the depths of my despair I see a man who looks like he's in his mid twenties coming up to her and speaking to her. I focus to his face to see that he looked quite familiar, as the son as a gang leader it's important to know the faces of potential rivals or allies. I think back to where I could have seen his face and I have a jolt of remembrance, this man is a slave trader who tries to capture pretty girls by telling them that they have a chance to become a model or something like that. Those girls who believe it are fools but the ones who don't believe him find themselves stalked for the next couple of days before they are reported missing. I remember since my father told me that one of the gang members daughter had went out and got the offer and didn't come home for a couple of days, we could only pray that she wasn't kidnapped or worse killed.

Moving back to the present, he must be asking her if she wanted to be a celebrity. I guess I could stand back and watch, if she turned out to be the same as those other girls I would know then she wasn't worth staring at. I continue to look and see her shake her head and do a polite bow, which for some reason I found extremely adorable. I then see that guy grab her shoulders, shaking them violently, I see the fear in her face but what amazed me was the fire burning deep within her eyes. I see her hands clenched into a tight fist and from her stance I can conclude that she doesn't know how to fight but she's is ready as hell to beat this guy's arse.

I chuckle, she is quite the woman, and she is probably a woman who I would want to stand with me when I take over the clan. But not yet, I have to make sure that she's really the person I think she would be.

Suddenly I see a struggle forming between the two in the shop and I gasp when he is holding her down and wearing a huge cat like grin on his face, I curse and jump down from where I was hiding to burst into the shop. The two struggling on the floor didn't notice me but that was fine with me, I walk toward them in small slow paced steps and grab the dude's shirt, yanking it towards me so that his nape is in front of my face. I hear his gasp and realisation while I punch the living day lights outta his sorry arse. He must have passed out some where along the way because his saliva was running down his mouth when I was just about done with him. When I checked to see he was out I then turned around expecting to see a frightened young girl who was just about to leap out of here but what I saw was different. I saw a girl with relief and gratefulness hidden in those dark brown eyes that reflected my image, she was looking at me with eyes that made me feel strange. I walk over to her careful not to scare him and slowly I extend my right arm, displaying my worn out hand filled with scratches, cuts and tears which at some point I might have forgotten about. Suddenly noticing that she might be afraid of my torn up hand I quickly try to withdraw my hand away but before I manage to move it she places her hand in mine and uses me as a support to stand up. Despite the fact that her legs were trembling.

She eventually managed to stop her legs from shaking and let go of my hand which desperately was trying to find every reason on this earth to continue holding hers. She looked up at me with her brilliant smile, blinding me and said...

'Thank you so much.'
Even her voice was so damn pretty, it was like a choir singing in Christmas but even prettier. Gosh, what I would do to hear her voice calling my name.

'It's not a problem'
I reply and I kick myself inside, what am I? A lone wolf? Oh lord, she must think I'm some emo punk or something along those lines.

I hear her chuckle and she smiles again, this time she asks me what I would like in repayment for saving her life.
I just told her I didn't want anything, but she insists for its a matter of her pride.
I couldn't think of much to ask for so I asked her if I could see her again one day.
She agreed and gave me the store's contact info, telling me to call whenever I wanted and believe me I'll do it soon.
Giving a brief goodbye I almost leap out of the store before she stops me and plants a quick kiss on my cheek which makes everything turn white. I can only see her and the rest of the world is like white noise, the only thing that is blocking me from kissing her back, right on the lips.
She really is a nice girl and I think I'm going to be in trouble because I think I'm falling for her now.