8 : Gray's POV

Three more last chapters before I end this story(Epilogue included.). Sorry if it's too short at a few chapters. I'll be putting a sequel, and I promise it'll be SO much better than this. :)

----------------------- 

POV : Gray

"Nuella, these books have no use."

Nuella just sighed and tilted her head. She was pretty. No I don't like her, she's just really beautiful.

"Have patience Baka. You don't know how hard my ancestors worked to compile all these stuff."

Then I heard something... No, someone. Someone's breath. Yes, I heard it. It was... cold.

'Nuella...'

Yep?

 'Did you... Hear that?'

'Hear what?'

'The breath. Something-- Someone was breathing. It was cold as ice.'

'Ice? Wait. You-- You sense ice. Unlike me, I'm an artificial God Slayer. Ice God Slayer.'

'I know. Being artificial isn't all that bad but... Be ready. Stay ready for battle.'

She looked at me and nodded.

I thirst.

What was that voice? It was... Cold.  A whisper.

'That, I heard.'

'Remember the time I told you to stop talking to me through my mind?'

'Yeah?'

'I regret that.'

She smirked at me, and raised her eyebrows. I glared at her guiltily.

I have to quench this thirst.

Shit. This is bad.

'Nuella, get out.'

'I have better magic than you.'

'We have the same magic. Get out.'

'I am a God Slayer.'

That's when I lost it.

"I don't care if you're a god slayer! If you're that powerful then get rid of the stupid voice!"

Standing there, Nuella looked pale. That's when I realized that it wasn't me she was scared of. It was something else. Behind me was a Euran. Her eyes widened with fear and she screamed a fatal scream.

I almost thought I would die because my eardrums popped out. What the hell Nuella?

"Do not be afraid. I will not harm humans. Mages like you two to be precise."

I just looked at it, fascinated. Flinching, when he said 'you two' like we were really special and different.

"T-Then wh-what are you here for?"

"And there goes the image of mighty God slayer." I muttered under my breath so only Nuella could hear.

'Shut the hell up baka' she whispered in my head.

'Oooh, God Slayer fights back.'

"I am here to tell you, why the Eurans come to attack this kingdom."

"First of all, how did you get here exactly?"

"I was from your thoughts. You are the only two mages in the group that are humble enough to understand me, without any doubt."

"How did you get that idea?"

He looked at me. As if-- As if he sees through me, or maybe he was just in deep thought. Yet even if this Euran is creeping me out, I knew it wasn't the voice I kept  hearing a few minutes ago. This Euran is calm, and gives me the feeling of security, unlike the eerie voice.

"Think about it."

And I did.