Epilogue

*2 years later*

I stare down at the little plus sign. My heart stops for a minute, as realization dawns on me. I'm pregnant. All the vomiting and the heavy weight I've been feeling is all because I'm pregnant.

Excitement and nervousness fills my body. I'm so excited about the thought of becoming a parent, because I've always imagined me and Kevin having kids together. I'm also pretty nervous about how Kevin will react. We have never talked about it.

To add on to that, Kevin hasn't proposed to me yet. After three years of us being together, you would have thought that he was going to propose, but he didn't. I don't even think he's ready to take the next step with our relationship, and this is a huge step. I think the only big step we've took was when he bought us a two bedroom condo, and we moved in together.

I sigh and get off of the bathroom floor. I place the pregnancy test back in it's little box, and throw it away. I walk out of the bathroom, and see Charlie staring up at me with his big eyes. The nervous feeling disappears when I look at his adorable face. 

I bend down and pet his ears. Charlie makes a noise and starts thumping his left hind leg. Petting Charlie's ears is like heaven for him. I found it extremely cute when he does that. 

The sound of the front door opening, causes me to stop. I look up and see Kevin standing there with grocery bags in his hands. 

"Hey babe." He greets me. 

I give him a small smile. I'm about to walk over to him, until the same nauseous feeling, that I have been feeling for the last couple of days, hits me. I cover my mouth, and run back into the bathroom. 

The contents from my stomach comes out as I vomit in the toilet. I lay my head against the seat, and close my eyes. I never liked vomiting. When I do, I feel weak and disgusting. I take a deep breath as I try to get myself together. 

Kevin walks into the bathroom with a glass of water, and a wet towel. He kneels down beside me, and hands me the water. 

"Thank you." I whisper and I take a sip. 

He hums in response, and he starts pressing the towel against my face. The coolness of it makes the heat of my body go down. 

"You have been throwing up a lot recently. Are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor?" Kevin asks worriedly. 

Three days ago, when I started feeling sick, I was throwing up non stop. I couldn't even go five feet away from the toilet without me running back to it. Kevin was worried about me, so he offered to take me to the hospital, but I told him that I'll be fine and that I must have ate something that made my stomach upset. Now I know that it wasn't food, but instead it's baby growing inside of me. 

"I'm fine. I promise." I try to give him my best smile, but I end up throwing up again. 

Kevin releases a sigh in frustration. "You're so stubborn. Come on, I'm taking you to the hospital." He says getting up. If I go to the hospital, there's a likely chance that they are going to announce my pregnancy to Kevin. 

I flush the toilet, and get off my knees. Kevin takes my hand, and leads me out of the bathroom. He lets go of my hand, so that I can slip on my shoes and pick up my purse.

While I'm getting ready, he tells me that he'll meet me outside in the car. I nod and watch him walk out the door. He's probably going to take a smoke break. That's what he does when he says, 'he'll meet me outside.'

That gives me five minutes to get myself together. I go back into the bathroom and look in the trash can. On top of all the tissue inside, is the pregnancy test. I pick up the box, and pull the stick out. The little pink plus sign brings a smile to my face. I'm going to be a mom. If Kevin doesn't want this baby, then too bad. This is going to be another part of me, and I'm not giving it up.