Lovely Assistant

CHAPTER 4

I was awaken by the buzzing of my phone.

Unknown: Hey Ariana:) It's Harry

Me: How did you get my number?

Harry: Lou. You coming to the benefit tonight?

Me: No.

Harry: Why not?

I didn't really know how to respond. Lou had invited me to the One Direction benefit, but I didn't exactly want to go. I didn't want to tell Harry that either.

Me: It's not my thing

Harry: What is your thing exactly?

For some reason, his reply really offended me.

I had friends back at home. I'm not a bad person. I just did bad things. Not bad, bad. But bad enough.

I left my phone on my pillow, ignoring Harry, and started downstairs.

Lou greeted me on my way down, and I grunted in response. Lux was sat in her little, um, chair thingy, and she ate banana mush.

I took my seat at the table, and settled on a glass of water. Lou seemed to have been up for a while, as her hair was neat, and her glasses weren't in sight.

"You been out?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Boys needed help down at the studio. Had a video interview."

"Hmm," I sighed back.

I stared into the ice of my glass.

"So for the benefit tonight. I need some help."

"I'm not going."

"Yes you are sunshine. I need help on makeup-duty."

At this, I almost spit out my drink.

"No way out babycakes. Tara called out sick. You can be my lovely assistant for the day."

Lou made her way over to Lux, and helped her scoop gump into her mouth.

"C'mon. It'll be fun!" Lou reasoned. "You get to help me work on the guys! Won't that be fun!" She looked so hopeful, and things had been going pretty smooth between us. I didn't want to mess that up.

Right then, I made a promise with myself to start my life over. I wanted to forget about my past. In London, no one knew my story.

"Actually. Yeah. It sounds fun." I decided.

Lou was suprised by my sudden change in attitude. I figured since I didn't have any plans tonight, might as well make-up a few famous dudes. Why not?

I drained the last of my water, and placed my cup in the sink, running back upstairs.

Me: Guess what Haz? I am going. It'll be funnnn. Doing makeup with Lou. I'm gonna make you look. Preettyyyyyy;)

It wasn't exactly a lie.

Harry: Whatever you say... :p

Satisfied, I shut my phone off, and turned on my music. Tonight would be fun.

We arrived at the benefit at five o'clock sharp, to avoid paparazzi swarming the area.

Lou and I snuck throught the back of the giant building, and set up shop in the back. She didn't fool around. There were tons, and tons of hair as well as makeup products. I had no idea what half of them were.