Damn.

I walked into the classroom and the teacher looked at me. "Sit in the back right now, do as I say and we will have a good year." He said as he fixed some kind of crystal shape in the light of a lamp.

I sat down at the table he said and I rolled my eyes. "I can't see the board." I said and a few students walked in.

"You can't? Are you blind then?"

"No, the writing on the board is blurry. I don't know how anyone can see from back here. Can you see from back here?" I asked a boy who sat a few chairs down. He glanced at me and then at the board before shaking his head. "Boom."

"Well the seats up front are taken-"

"There's a few empty ones." The boy said and the teacher glared at him.

"You just got here, don't make me give you detention." The teacher told me and I smirked a bit.

"Why don't you then? I can't see the board and I asked to be moved up, can you really give a girl detention for that? I'm taking responsibility for my education and you're supposed to help me." I said and he nearly snapped his clipboard in half as he snapped at me to move up to the front row.

Anger management much?

-

I walked around lunch with a few kids I met in my fourth period class, laughing and talking about celebrities we thought were overrated and some who shouldn't have ever been famous.

"Magcon was a huge ass hype, it irritated me." Kimberly said and I agreed. "Everyone loved them and when they split, it was like no one gave a fuck about them anymore."

"You know, that one guy is kind of cute though. Cameron Dallas?" Lucas said and I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Kind of." I said and I hummed a bit as I ran a hand through my hair. "Honestly, the whole viner thing is stupid. Half of the videos are boring and have millions of others like it."

"True though." Kimberly said and we passed by Melissa, who hung out with a few girls. "That girl is in my math class and my piano class, she's fucking irritating."

"Melissa?" I asked her, wondering why I felt a little upset. "Or the other girl?"

"The other girl, Gabrielle. She's fucking irritating. She's so fake and she complains about the littlest of things. Bitch put paper bags over her uggs when it rained one day." She said and I laughed as Lucas agreed.

"Melissa is eh. I have science, math, and choir with her. She seems like she tries too hard to fit in though. You know, like she's pretending to be someone she's not? I don't know, it's just a gut feeling." Lucas said and I nodded.

"I know her. She's... She's alright." I said, unable to insult her for some reason. "I don't know her very well though."

"Oh, he's cute." Kimberly said as we passed by a guy. "Think I can get his phone number?" She asked and I nodded.

"Go for it. I'll be here waiting to see you fail." Lucas said and I laughed. She scoffed and turned around, walking up to the boy.

"Hey," someone said and I turned around, seeing Jasalyn. "I can't believe I caught up with you again." She said and stood with a few other girls who were pretty, but not as beautiful as her.

"Hey, I never told you my name. I'm Emily." I said and she nodded as she smiled. "Before we end up going our separate ways, do you have a kik I can message you on?"

"I do." She said and one of her friends handed her a pen. She took my arm and scooted the sleeve up, immediately scribbling down the account name.

"Thank you beautiful." I said and winked, causing her to blush. "I'll text you later." I said and she nodded. She waved and then left with her friends.

"Your first day here too." Lucas said and I nodded. "Teach me how." He said and before I could talk, Kimberly came back, a smile on her lips.

"Got his Instagram, his Kik, his Snapchat, and his number. Boom." She said and we gave her as high-five. "His name is Francisco, he's a sophomore."

"Get it." Lucas said and we laughed. "Now, all I need is to get a boyfriend." The brunet said and chuckled.

"You'll find a guy." I told him and smiled at him as he nodded. We walked around the campus some more and I tried not to interrupt Melissa as I saw her swapping spit with some girl as a guy stood beside them, talking.

I thought she was straight... oh okay.

"Hey," someone grabbed me and I turned around. "Heard you were talking to my girl." The short brunet girl said and I rose my eyebrow.

"Who's your girl exactly? I'm new here."

"Jasalyn." She said and I nodded. "Back off." She said and pushed me slightly.

"Now, I don't want to get suspended on my first day. Don't do it again. Leave me alone." I warned and she pushed me again. "You're testing me."

"What are you gonna do about it huh? Gonna go cry to your mom and dad?" She said and kids surounded us. I could hear Lucas and Kimberly telling me to 'smash this hoe' and I just laughed.

"I'm really not trying to get suspended. Back the fuck up or-"

I stopped mid-sentence as she smacked me and I chuckled a bit as everyone 'ooh'ed. I saw Melissa run over and I nodded. "Call the school nurse." I said and looked at the short brunet girl.

She went to lay her crusty ass hands on me again and I grabbed her wrist. I twisted her arm and then grabbed her by the hair, yanking it and practically throwing her into into a nearby tree.

"I thought I said to leave me alone?" I asked and the girl got up. She tackled me and I grabbed her by the collar, slamming my fist into her nose, causing her to roll off of me.

"Break it up!" A few teachers yelled and I saw my English teacher. He grabbed my hands and Kimberly winked, mouthing that I did good.

"She had it coming." I said and for some reason, Melissa followed, claiming she saw it all and knows what happened. "Bitch-"

"Hey, watch your language. It's your first day and you already got into a fight." My teacher said and I rolled my eyes, going to the office.

"Call their parents, Coach, get a napkin and ice pack for this young lady." The other teacher said and my teacher nodded.

"What in the word happened?" He asked Melissa and she said that this girl went up to me and practically attacked me for something so trivial.

She's telling the truth... that's a first.

"I talked to her girlfriend." I said and the girl beside me glared at me, holding her nose. "She got pissed and went bat shit crazy on me."

"Your parents will be here shortly." The lady at the desk said and I looked, seeing Ruby. "Emily, your first day?"

Her tone said she was disappointed, but the smile on her face showed me she was proud of me.

"Sorry, I don't play nice with people who slap me." I said and rolled my eyes as coach came back in, handing the girl a wet napkin and an ice pack.

I'm so screwed.