Chapter Sixteen (Lucas's POV)

I have made a lot of tough decisions in my life, but deciding to mary Riley wasn't one of them. As she walked down the aisle, with her father by her side, I felt an overabundance of joy that no words could ever describe well enough.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" The reverend asked.

"Her mother and I do," Mr. Matthews said. He walked over to me. He gave me a pat on the back and whispered to me, "you take good care of her."

"Don't worry, sir," I glanced at her lovely, smiling face and looked back at him, "I will."

He walked back and sat beside Mrs. Matthews.

I gently placed her hands in mine.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony," the reverend continued.

When it came to the time to say our vows, I felt even more joyful.

"When you landed on my lap on the subway in seventh grade, I knew my life would no longer be the same. You changed me into a better man and for that I am eternally grateful. You helped me see life from a different perspective. When I felt down, you were the ray of sunshine that brightened my day. They say that eighteen is too young to mary, but I love you so much, Princess Riley, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I have always loved you and I always will."

Then Riley said hers:

"I remember when we met in the seventh grade. Back then I had no idea that you would be the dreamy-eyed cowboy that threw a lasso around my heart and stole it. My life is now better because you are in it. You made me feel happy when I felt blue, and you always knew exactly what to say to make me feel better. I love your kind heart, your lovely smile, your amazing hair, your nice sense of humor and everything else about you. You are my Mr. Right, my Prince, my handsome cowboy and the love of my life. I love you to the moon and back and even more on top of that."

Then, shortly after our vows, the time had come.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride," the reverend said to me.

You don't have to tell me twice, I thought to myself as I quickly pulled her towards me and compassionately kissed her.

The crowd went wild. Josh whistled, Maya (Riley's maid of honor) clapped loudly, and Farkle (my best man) yelled
"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Freak Face!"

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

After we danced til our feet hurt and sang our hearts out. It was time to leave to our honeymoon.

We said our farewells to our friends and family.

"You two have fun in the Bahamas," Mrs. Matthews said.

"Thank you, Mrs. --" I began.

"You can call me Topanga," she declared.

"Okay, Topanga."

"I love you sweetheart," Topanga said as she gave Riley a hug.

"I love you, too, Mom," Riley said, smiling.

"You two kids be safe," Mr. Matthews said.

"We will, sir," I replied.

Then came along Maya and Josh."You have to send us lots of pictures of the Bahamas," Maya said.

"Yeah, we want to see if it'll be the perfect place for our honeymoon," Josh said as he wrapped his arm around Maya's back.

"What honeymoon?" Riley asked.