Chapter Five (Maya's POV)

Riley and I were sitting at the bay window, gazing out it. I saw New Yorkers walking past the building as tiny water droplets dripped onto their umbrellas. Usually, rainy days made me feel a little sorrowful, but today I felt  absolutely delightful.

"Today was a good day," Riley said, smiling.

"It sure was," I agreed with her as I looked at her.

"So how are things between you and Josh?"

"Alright, I guess."

"A little confusing?"

"Yeah," I replied, quietly. We sat in silence for a few moments. "I was surprised to see Missy at the party."

"It was Lucas's idea," she said looking down with a sad look on her face.

"Still a little worried?"

"I guess."

"Maybe he just wants you two to be friends. After all, she doesn't really have friends at our school. Maybe it would be a good thing, for her and for you."

Riley just sat there, quietly.

"I know, Missy made you feel like you weren't good enough for Ranger Rick. But he stood up for you, rather than go on a date and hurt your feelings. You know you can trust Lucas, but can you trust yourself?"

Riley looked at me instead of gazing out into space.

"Just give Missy another chance, maybe you guys will be good friends."

"Thanks, Maya."

"You're welcome, Peaches." I gave Riley a little hug.

"So back to you and Josh..." Riley said excitedly.

"Uh oh."

"What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?" She said holding up Taylor.

"Nothing happened, Riles," I said taking Taylor back. "He just gave me Taylor to apologize for being mean to me for all of these years."

"That's all?"

"Yes!"

"Do you and Taylor want to spend the night at my house?"

I gave a quick laugh, "sure."

So we spent the whole night, dancing, singing along to One Direction songs and watching "Despicable Me" until we fell asleep at three in the morning. It was a good day, and I knew that tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that day would be even better.