Chapter Four (Maya's POV)

The rain had started to die down a bit, which was lucky for me since I had to walk to the Matthews'.

I, surprisingly, had a hard time figuring out what to wear. I looked in my closet for twenty minutes, trying to find something pleasant to wear, but then I finally came across a lovely green dress that went a little above my knees. I added a silver- sequin vest, a pair of sparkly dangly earrings and then completed the look with gray suede boots.

I stood in front of my full-length mirror, admiring the way the dress looked.

My hair and make up routine was no different then any other day. I felt pretty confident with how I looked.

My phone alarm went off. I picked up my phone that was just sitting on my bed. I looked on my phone screen and saw that it was one o'clock in the afternoon.
I was running a little bit behind schedule, but I knew that Riley would totally understand.

I picked up my silver purse, tossed my phone in it, picked up my umbrella and headed over to the Matthews' home.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

On my way, I texted Riley:

Hey, Riles! I'm on my way!!

And she replied:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited to go to Riley's house and spend time with her. I arrived at the front door. I gave it a little tap.

"Come in!" Riley yelled. It was super quiet in the background, I was kind of confused. I gently opened the door.

I tiptoed inside, all I saw was darkness. "Uh, Riles?" I said, a little nervous.

"SURPRISE!!!" Everybody yelled as the lights turned on. There was Riley, Huckleberry, Farkle, Zay, Smackle, Mr. Matthews, Topanga, Mom, Shawn, Missy (Who I was quite shocked to see), Auggie, Ava, Dewey, Riley's Uncle Eric and to my greatest surprise, Josh.

"Oh my goodness! Riles! This is amazing!" I said, hugging Riley. I looked up and saw the eighteenth-and-a-half birthday banner. "Thank you so much, guys," I said giving all of my friends hugs.

"You're welcome," They all said in unison.

When I turned around from hugging them, I looked up and saw Josh. "Hi," I said awkwardly.

"Uh... hi," he replied, I could tell he felt little awkward, too. "Happy eighteenth-and-a-half birthday, Maya."

"Thanks," I smiled at him with sincerity.

"Hey, Maya! Time for cake," Lucas and Farkle said, pulling me away from Josh.

We all surrounded by the cake in the dim light as they all pulled out their cameras and started singing happy birthday.

"Make a wish," Riley said as she stood by my side.

I quickly glanced at Josh who standing a bit far away from me. I closed my eyes and began to wish, I wish that Josh and I will one day be a couple. I opened my eyes and blew out eighteen tall candles and one short candle.

They all started to cheer for me. I smiled gratefully and looked over at Josh.

"Who wants cake?" Topanga yelled. Everybody started yelling back "I do! I do!" I was so thrilled and so blessed to have these amazing people in my life... especially Josh.

     .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Shortly after we had our cake, Riley yelled, "Time for the pinata!"