Chapter one: The unwanted guest

The secret of an unsteady hand is an unsteady heart

This song to the side is very fiting in my opinion ...

18th C

The beast beneath me lunged forward like a arrow from hell racing against time. With every gallop the pearl Glory built up desirable speed. My heart mirrored the hammering hooves of the white mare. My chestnut hair cascaded down my spine in loose curls, bouncing at every leap. My embroidered hooded cloak rippled around my face and over the mares tale as the wind clawed at my sides as we cut through like thunder. Colourful yet blurry images of wildlife's striking flowers and towering trees flickered past me as I raced towards the castle. Home...

I raised my head and looked up to see the sun was finally about to set, casting various shades of pink and pumpkin across the length and width of the sky. I had 'accidentally' lost hand of time in the enchanting forest that lay a mile or less from the castle. The Forrest was my main place where I would usually conquer whenever in in deep thought. The forest itself was truly enchanting ,bursting with wildlife and calming spirituality. I cursed gripping the reigns and nudging Glory with my heels for a slight surge of energy in hopes of reaching the castle before nightfall. Tonight papa and mama, Duke and Duchess of Alexandria, were expecting the arrival of the Duke of Brumling and Duke of The 10 Districts. Sadly, I do not have the pleasure to say I have seen or met the latter of the two. The rumours have seeped through the solid castle walls about ruthless man he is. A ruthless bachelor in fact. With no ounce of mercy or redemption in this cold steel heart. Many speak of his animalistic way in which he tortures innocent unwilling young ladies and stealing away their virtue and dignity through unspeakable ways. Leaving them clueless and vulnerable as the day they were born. Rumours had it that his grey iris colour would instantly turn red when the beast was provoked.

I put these thoughts aside I enter the Castle grounds. But not with without the lingering traces of curiosity.

As I stop abruptly in front of the heavy iron gates that stood strong and high. Briar our gates man slides the gates open for me and Glory to enter. "Good evening my Lady, the guests have just merely arrived''

Briar informs me as he shuffles on his feet, eyes trained on the gravel. Every time I noticed his shy behaviour around me. Briar surely was a well-bred young man that would make a virtuous young lady happy and content. I hurriedly and thank him and lead beauty towards the royal stables. Jumping of and effortlessly unbuckling the saddle of the mares glistening ebony back. I carry the mound of leather to the rack where all the other saddles lay untouched. Patting her affectionately feeling her pulse against my fingers. I lead Glory towards her stall where I come to a sudden stop. Glory nudged my shoulder neighing softly at my actions. There, in front of our very own eyes stood a glorious ebony stallion staring at me attentively with round silver beady eyes. Its glistening fur could be mistaken for black pearls. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the fine bred horse that was in beauty's usual stall. "Brian" I called over my shoulder not ready to leave this issue aside. I hear footstep from my left and then Brian appeared in my sight. He looked at me expectantly waiting for and order of some sort.

"Brian could you have a clue of what this fine stallion is doing in my spot for Glory?"

Curiosity was waging me inside out of who would be ignorant enough to not see my name etched on top the bay where Glory usually rested.

"I have no slightest idea my lady, but I presume it belongs to the newly arrived guests" Brian speaks out honestly. I smile thanking him and hurriedly make my way towards the castle entrance grabbing up my clothes revealing not a single piece of calve. Maids and servants where everywhere making last minute adjustments in the dining lounge and the common room for Newly arrived guests. I ignored everyone remembering that I still yet to soak and cleanse my body and also to fit into my evening dress. Cursing for the umpteenth time, I made my way up the grande staircase that led directly to my chambers.