chapter 7

Naruto was sitting on the belchers when Hinata and Nico showed up. Hinata smiled warmly at Naruto and he gave her a small smile in return before it quickly disappeared. Hinata was surprised. She's never seen Naruto smile before. He was always impassive and kinda of cold. Naruto seems to have a wall up to keep everyone out.

She's curious to why he keeps everyone at a distance. Not everyone can be that bad but she doesn't know everyone in the world to really say that. She sat next to him and Nico sat in front of her, leaning against her legs. Guy sensei was going on and on about youthfulness and how to express it through hard work. The only one that was actually listening to him rambling is Lee and he's obsessed with that guy.

Ino came and sat next to Nico. She smiled at her and Nico blushes a little. Hinata sees that Nico is in a better mood then she was before. She's glad that her friend has a crush. Hinata has known Nico for almost 5 years now and has never heard her talk about having a crush on anyone or being in a relationship with someone.

Flashback 3 years ago

Nico was putting her books in her locker when Hinata merrily skipped up to her. She raised an eyebrow at her friend. She was curious on why her friend was so happy and had an extra spring in her step. Nico was glad that Hinata's happy but she's extra happy today.

"Wanna tell me why you're so damn happy about?" Nico asked curious.

"I think I'm in love... with the most gorgeous guy ever" Hinata said sighing happily.

"Please don't tell me you turned in a Sasuke fan girl" Nico said worried.

Sasuke is the most popular guy in the school and has the biggest fan girl club in the school. He's really full of himself and thinks he's all that. Nico finds him super annoying and he looks like a girl. If Hinata likes him, it would call for an intervention and the S.W.A.T. team.

"Ewww no, I met this cute guy in a coffee shop and he's so gorgeous. He's tall, has the most beautiful brown eyes, and the softest black hair" Hinata said dreamily.

"Love's for saps" Nico said closing her locker.

Hinata knew that Nico doesn't believe in love and she has her reasons for it but she believes Nico will find someone to love. It just hasn't happen yet and that person will be able to heal the hurt in Nico's heart that carries with her.

"I don't think so. I think you'll find a boyfriend to love" Hinata said smiling.

"Hina-chan, I'm bi and I ain't looking for someone to deal with my crap" Nico said shaking her head.

"When you stop looking that's when someone will appear. Besides I'm your friend and I put up with your crap"

"Well friends are supposed to put with each other's crap besides I don't want anybody" Nico said wrapping her arm around Hinata's shoulders.

Hinata sighed. She wasn't going to give up on the idea of Nico finding someone to love.

End of Flashback

Ino was talking to Nico about something and Nico was blushing the whole time. Hinata wasn't sure what they were talking about but it was making Nico blush. Ino whispered something in Nico's ear and she turned into a very red tomato. Guy finally stopped talking about youth and said that they were going to have a relay race. He spilt the class in half with Naruto and Hinata on one team and Ino and Nico on the other.

Nico decided to go last because she wanted to face off against Lee. He was the fastest guy on the other team and Nico wanted a challenge. It was a few minutes before Nico got her chance and she was a few steps behind Lee. She gave it her all and Lee was really fast. It was neck and neck but ultimately Lee won by one step. Nico was out of breath and never been this tired.