1. Camila

I honestly want to slam my head through this desk. Anything would be more enjoyable than a woman, who looks as if she lived through the dinosaur ages, droning on and on about who knows what. I think I'm in math? No wait, that's a map on the wall. I'm in history. I tug my bottom lip between my teeth absentmindedly. Looking down at the empty journal page in front of me, I realize that I probably should've been taking notes for the last hour. Oh well, I'll probably ace the test anyways. Finally, the bell rings. Jesus Christ it's about time. My heart beats a little faster when I realize where I go next. After history comes chemistry, and in chemistry I sit next to y/n. I wouldn't say I'm in love with her, I'd say I'm infatuated.

Who could blame me, she was gorgeous. Y/n was probably one of the nicest people I'd ever met. God her jawline could cut someone, I've gotten lost in her eyes more times than I could count. Y/n is at the top of the junior class academically, not to mention she's the star player on the basketball team. It'd never happen between the two of us. Word had been flying around the school that the reason she'd never had a boyfriend was because she was gay. As much as I'd love the believe that, my logical mind always got the best of me. It's not like it would ever happen between us anyway. Y/n was like heaven on Earth, and here I am. Camila, the wallflower, the bookworm. The girl who gets perfect scores on every exam. The girl with maybe two real friends.

Being me, I was so lost in thought that I run straight into the person in front of me. The books clutched to my chest spilling onto the floor.

"Oh my god I'm so sor-" I start to apologize but my voice gets caught in my throat when I see who it was I had walked into. The girl herself.

"No really it was my fault, wasn't watching where I was going." Y/n says smoothly, her perfect smile dancing on her lips. I'm at a loss for words. My mouth opens but nothing exactly comes out. If y/n notices she doesn't say anything.

"Oh hey! Camila right? We have Chemistry together next yeah?" Y/n leans down and picks my books up off the floor. My face might as well be on fire right now. I feel like dying. All I can do is nod and manage a small smile.

"Well then walk with me! Only a couple doors down." She's so perfect, oh god someone punch me in the face. 

"Sure." I squeak, I start to reach for my books but y/n only holds them out of my reach. I raise my eyebrows.

"I made you drop 'em, I'll carry them for you." Y/n says happily, folding the books under her arm. I must be dreaming. This can't be real, there's no way this is real life. I nod softly, having to speed up a little to keep up with her long legged strides. I hang back a little bit, taking a second to look at her body.

Light wash skinny jeans, a white tank top, and a blue flannel tied around her waist. God she's so beautiful I almost can't take it. Her backpack is unzipped, and her signature basketball jersey is hanging out slightly. I take a couple deep breathes and walk a little faster, so that I'm right next to her.

"So how's your day been so far Mila?" She asks, my heart skips a beat at the nickname. Y/n is only trying to make small talk and my heart's nearly bursting out of my chest.

"Pretty boring, had to sit through a lecture and I could barely remember what class I was in." I say, trying to act as calm as I could. Y/n chuckles, looking down at the ground.

"It's not like you have to pay attention, you're smart and beautiful, plus you're funny. You're a triple threat." Y/n laughs, gently elbowing me. I was too caught up in the face that she had just called me beautiful to notice. In my post compliment haze I don't see the crowd of boys come bounding down the hall. I also don't notice that they're heading right for me. Y/n notices though.

She quickly shifts my books to the hand furthest from my and grabs my arm, yanking me to the side and out of the way just in time. The group of sophomores go flying by.

"I swear to god Harry! If you do that one more time!" Y/n shouts behind her, not releasing her grip on my arm, it's not like I'm complaining.

"Sorry sis!" A curly haired boy shouts, continuing to run down the hall with the other four close behind.

"You've got to pay more attention! What had you so distracted?" Y/n's light british accent setting my chest ablaze. It had faded from living in Miami for a few years, but there was still a little alter here and there. I find it quite adorable.

"I um, you." I answer, the words spilling from my lips before I can stop them. Y/n smiles, and not her usual smile. A different kind of smile. One that says, wow, you just made me really happy. Almost loving.

"Honest, I like it." She murmurs, finally letting her hand drop, tracing light lines on my bicep and wrist as it does. Goosebumps are quick to form. Words get caught in my throat, and we finally cross the threshold to get into the classroom. I'm excited to say the very least, this is one of the only classes I have with y/n. Coincidentally, chemistry.

I'm confused and excited by the way she's been acting today. This is probably the most we've talked, and we've sat together all year. By the most we've talked I mean about something other than the classwork.

Y/n jogs ahead of me and to our shared table, then pulls out my usual chair and sets my books in front of it. I'm surprised to say the least. I walk up slowly, wanting to imprint the image of her goofy smile as she stands behind my chair in my mind forever. Once I make it to the table I sit down, and she pushes the chair forward.

"T-Thanks." I stutter, still taken aback by the fact that my crush for over a year was doing this for me.

"No problem babe." She says nonchalantly, setting her own bag down on the table. I watch intently as she pulls out her things. "Take a picture love it'll last longer." She giggles, throwing a glance up at my eyes.

God this girl will be the death of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I LOVE THIS IDEA ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE YOU AND I ACTUALLY HAVE A PLAN FOR THIS ONE AND I'M SO EXCITED SO SLEEP WELL MY LOVES TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES. XX