For An Apple

"Ouch!"

"Well stop fidgiting." The women snapped at me.

I huffed in frustration, trying to stand still. Lady Stark had hired a dress designer to make my wedding dress. I had traveled into the town of winterfell early this morning, not many people were out yet, which I was thankful for. The lady doing my dress was short and plump. Her name was Welma, she wasn't very nice so far and kept poking me with her sharp things!

Looking down at my white dress I sighed, It flowed to my feet and had no sleeves it simply wrapped itself around my body stopping just above my breasts and down to my ankles.

It was beautiful.

To beautiful for me.

"What? You don't like it?" The women growled standing in front of me, I stood wide eyed, a little bit scared.

"I was just thinking, this dress is to pretty for someone like me to wear." My voice barly audible, her eyes softened a bit and she smiled at me, a genuine smile.

"You are beautiful my dear, don't ever let anyone tell you any different." She went back to work not giving me a second glance, she was a bit more careful after that.

"Oh my." Lady Stark, Sansa, and Arya stood in the door faces looking shocked.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Welma smiled at me, winking.

"Robb is going to love it." Lady Stark smiled walking into the room, her two daughters following in suit.

"Now don't eat to much and don't get to thin. Let me know if you bare a child I'll fix it up for you." Welma nodded in approval at her words.

My face tured a crimson red and Arya laughed. I shot her a playful glare and went to return to my orginal clothes. A simple dark green dress, just what I liked. My hair was already fishtail braided to the side, which kept getting in the way when Welma was fixing the upper part of my dress.

"Ready?" Lady Stark questioned as Arya rushed to me and held my hand.

"For?" Did I forget to we're doing something today? Is there a ball? A meeting?

"We're going to go pick out what foods will be served at the feast on your wedding day."

"Oh, alright." Inside I was like foooooddddddd yummyyyy.

"Selena." Arya whispered to me as Sansa and Lady Stark walked ahead of us down the dusty road.

"What?" I whispered back frowing down at the young girl, her expression was horrified.

"Look." She pointed to a young boy being screamed at and beaten with a wip by a large fat man holding an apple. A women was crying in the back ground and saying 'He didn't mean to' and 'he's just a child' A small crowd stood around them, just watching.

Without thinking I ran over to them and covered the young boy with my body, the pain of the wip hit my back and I stiffled a cry. It had to have broken through my dress, because I felt a breeze on the wound. The young boy cried and looked up at me with wide eyes, he couldn't be no more than six years of age, his large brown eyes spilled more tears as he hugged my torso.

"How dare you step in?! This boy stole from me he deserves punishment!" The man screamed, painfully, I stood up straight and turned around.

Gasps and whispers filled the now larger crowd, the man looked puzzled at the crowds change in tone. He had no idea who I was, but he kept his angry face at me.

"No sir, how dare you? He is a small child, who does not know any better. Yet you choose to physically harm him, you're a monster." I spat, standing my ground. The boy now held tightly onto my side and stood slightly behind me.

"Why you little bitch." He hissed raising his hand to me, a man stepped in front of him, looking an awful lot like Robb.

The large man gasped and put his hand down. "My young lord, I was just-" He started but Robb raised his sword to the mans neck.

"You were just about to slap my future wife." Robb calmly stated, I could tell me was angry though.

"Your... oh no. I'm so sorry young lord, but she stepped in when I was giving a theif their punishment."

"A little boy!" I protested from behind Robb, I held onto the little boy with one of my arms.

"Do you know the punishment of hurting someone of the Starks."

"Death." the man whispered

Robb nodded and turned to me, he glanced down at the little one clinging to me and smiled softly.

"You choose his punishment." Robb stated loud enough for everyone to hear. Glancing at the man now kneeling at the ground I sighed, Walking forward the little boy stayed behind me, like I was his shield.

I wasn't cruel enough to kill a man or anyone for that matter. I turned to look at the crowd, Jon stood near by watching, sword at the ready. Lady Stark, Sansa, Arya, a couple guards, and the rest of the crowd stood watching my next move. I looked to Robb who nodded in encouragement.

Finally, I turned back to the man who hurt a small boy for an apple.

So many problems, for one apple.

"Your punishment will not be death." The man looked into my eyes and smiled
"Oh thank you kind lady I won't ever forget your kindness."

"I wasn't finished, instead you will know the pain that you caused this young boy." The man stood up, wide eyed, but nodded. I looked to Robb who smiled at me a bit and he nodded to the guards who took the man and the wip away.

"Do you think that was a fair punishment?" I kneeled down to the boys level. He smiled up at me and nodded.

"Why did you steal in the first place?" I asked, he looked down sadly

"My mother and I are so poor, I was just so hungry...I'm sorry my lady."

My eyes began to water and I hugged the small boy tightly

"What's your name?"

"Aiden." He smiled a cute little grin.

"I'm Selena"

His mom quickly came over hugging him and picking him up.

" Thank you my lady." I nodded turned to Robb who was now at my side.

Digging into my pocket, I pulled out money that I brought with me to shop, over a hundred dollars was in there (I'm not sure how to figure the dollars or whatever.) I handed it to the mother.

"Go buy what you need" I whispered to them and hugged them both. "I hope that helps." I added, she began to cry and hugged Aiden tighter.

"Thank you." Was all she said before they walked away

Jon stood on my other side, giving me a cheeky grin.

"Selena, let's go we have plans." Lady Stark said irritated. Sansa glared up at me, I'm not really sure why and Arya jumped up and down.

"That was fantastic!" She gushed.

Robb nodded at her statement and followed along with us as we took off. I took one last look behind me at Jon, who was standing there watching us all walk away.