I smiled and turned around, facing my adorable four-year-old little angel, Anna. She has my blue eyes and her father's nose and naturally tan skin colour. Just like her father.

No smoke can be kept hidden forever.

My subconscious keeps reminding me of that. And I know it's right. I pushed the negative thoughts away and looked at my little angel.

"Good morning, my little sunshine," I mumbled and rubbed her nose with mine as she erupted into a fit of giggles making my heart smile.

"Today, momma has an interview. So, I am going to drop you at your aunt Sofia's place, and later, when I come back, both of us, along with aunt Sofia will go for lunch maybe even get ice cream." I said and Anna's eyes lit up after hearing about ice cream, her favourite.

I kiss her cheeks and she giggled again.

"Okay, Momma, I love, you," Anna said and ran out of the bed, to the bathroom.

where does all that energy come from at 7 in the morning?

I had successfully cleared by the last two rounds of interviews with Dain industries and today was the last straw. I could almost taste the success.

Finally, a job that would pay well.

Dain industries was previously a publicly owned company but were transitioning into being a privately owned company due to which a lot of employees had left their positions. The pay scale was supposed to continue being the same but the government employee-guaranteed benefits were being taken away. Not that it was a problem to me, at all.

The final bidding for the company was supposed to take place yesterday however, the new owners have not been confirmed publicly yet.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through the news headlines hoping to find some new information but nothing. Just when I was about to put my phone down a picture showed up and my heart stopped beating.

'Dexton Anderson talks about expanding his area of business and the struggle of being on top of the game' the headline read.

As perfect as the magazines refer to him as he isn't. every day my heart hurts and continues to bleed crying while still loving him and then shuts down. As though making it understand that the sobs of pain aren't worth it.

Sometimes I wish, I wish that I could somehow learn to unlove him, but my heart refuses to.

Maybe this is why people say that love makes you weak.

I hate that my heart beats for the one man who trampled on it and left it behind. If only you weren't the organ supplying blood to my body, I could have gotten rid of it. I thought and snorted.

I could never get myself to admit it out aloud that I still love him, 'cause he is the reason why I have been faking happiness for the last five years. He left me without giving any reason. He shoved the divorce papers on me one day and demanded that I set him free.

But how do you hate the person who gave you the most precious gift in the world? All through my life, I loved Dexton and he simply gave me divorce with no explanation; at all. I thought he loved me.

I thought.

Two strong words could instil wounds that never heal in you. Figuratively and literally.

Maybe, he did not love me.

That illusion was all in my head.

I chuckled at my thoughts.

You punished him in your own way, didn't you, Cassidy? You never told him. My consciousness interrupted again.

Sometimes, I still dream of him in my sleep, good dreams. About the good old days when we were happy, happily in love.