My Best Friends

Začať od začiatku

He didn’t put me down until we entered the kitchen and he dropped me into a stool at the breakfast bar. Pierre was stood over the remains of the shattered microwave muttering something angrily in French. I laughed at him and his head whipped up startled. His expression went blank which was pretty much a smile for Pierre.

“Morning Pierre.”

His eyes narrowed at me accusingly. “Amber what did you do?”

I gave him an incredulous look. “I didn’t do anything.” I shot back. “It was Mr Graceful over here.” I hooked my thumb over my shoulder in Lucas’ direction. Pierre’s eyes widened when his eyes fell on the movie star in our kitchen.

“Mr Wolfe?” He asked star struck.

Lucas pulled out two cans of coke and popped one open taking a swig. He placed the other one in front of me. “Pleas, Pierre call me Lucas.”

“But, you...her...what?” He sputtered. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Chill Pierre. I told you he was my best friend.”

Pierre still looked like a rabbit caught in headlights as he blinked rapidly. “Yes, but I just assumed you made that up to look cool.” My jaw dropped.

Lucas snorted next to me, coke dribbling down his chin as he tried not to laugh. He swallowed and the giggles escaped. “Owned!” He shouted pointing at my bewildered face.

I glared at him regaining my composure. “Thanks a lot Pierre.” I grumbled.

Once Pierre got over the shock of having Lucas Wolfe standing in our kitchen he went back to his usual PMSing attitude. We argued for a good half hour before Pierre finally thrust some beautifully present French toast in front of me. Lucas had accepted Pierre’s offering straight away gobbling down the yummy food. I, on the other hand, wanted Lucky Charms again, but Pierre being Pierre insisted I eat “proper” food.

After we finished breakfast Lucas lead me to the recreation room. I was pleasantly surprised to see he still knew his way around my house. Pushing me down on the couch he wagged a finger in my face. “Now you stay here, I’ll go get your presents.”

A huge grin spread on my face and I began to jump up and down excitedly. Lucas laughed. “I was right; you still shake like a Chihuahua.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Shut up and go get my presents.” I ordered, shooing him away with my hands. It was his turn to stick his tongue out at me.

“Bossy.” I flipped my hair over my shoulder raising my eyebrow at him. The look said ‘and your point is?’ He shook his head at me still smiling as he left the room.

I heard the front door open. I wonder who that could be?

“You’re 1 o’clock had arrived. I charge by the hour so use and abuse me wisely!”

I laughed at Jen’s greeting. “In here!” I shouted to her. I wonder what she’s doing here, I thought she told me she was busy I wondered. She stuck her head in the entrance to the recreation room and smiled when she saw me.