Chapter Twenty-Six: "I... I'm a freak...?"

Chapter 25:

3rd POV

After Crimson made the wall, Pure broke down in tears. "I'm sorry, Ya-chan... I'm so, so sorry," she whispered to herself.

Crimson looked at her sobbing sister, and sighed. She rubbed her back comfortingly, not knowing what else to do. They were in quite the predicament, now. They really didn't want to push Yakunan away, but it was necessary. She would need this experience later in her life, but it most certainly killed them to see her like that. Even Crimson's non-existent heart was clenching with guilt.

"Was... Was this really necessary, Crim-nee-san?" Pure asked, she would only call her that when they were alone and Yakunan couldn't hear, or else she would call her it too, and Crimson hated the nickname. "I-I mean, did you see the look on her face, it was terrible. Can't we just--"

"Pure, you know why we can't," Crimson said in a serious voice. "Besides, you saw how earlier she was able to completely use our chakra. If she kept that up, she would kill herself. This way, we keep our chakra to ourselves, and keep her from harming herself. I hate this as much as you do, but it's for the best." Pure looked away, tears still silently dripping unto the ground.

"Don't worry, Pure, we can still help her, watch over her, and take control if necessary. Right now, you need to buck up, think about how you'd feel if Yakunan actually died. This is for the best." Pure nodded, drying her tears with her sleeve. Crimson hugged her sister, and watched over Yakunan, repeating the words she said to her sister to herself, reassuring herself that everything was going to be okay.

*-* Recap *-*

Kakashi is trying to convince Yakunan to not freak out, and regain trust with her, but Yakunan is having serious doubts.

*-* THE STORY *-*

Yakunan's POV

I was scared.

I didn't know what to do. Crimson and Pure hates me, Kakashi was trying to bring me back to the village, where Orochimaru might be.

I didn't know who to trust anymore. Everytime I trust someone, they hurt me. Like Rei, Crimson, Pure, Kakashi, everyone. I don't know what to do anymore. I have no clue where to go. Everytime I tried to assess my situation and find ways to escape, they're were flaws and back fires. I have no utter clue where to go. I'm trapped, again.

"Yakunan, please!" Kakashi pleaded, taking a few steps towards me, which I jumped back in return. "Think of your teammates, think of your friends! How would they feel right now if you left them? I promise you that nothing bad will happen to you! I'm not like that Snake, or your parents or anyone. I'm your sensei, it's my job to protect you, but I can't do that if you don't trust me." His eye shone with sadness, and he held his hand out to me.

My tail swished nervously, as I looked at him, did he really mean it? Would they really not try to hurt me? Was he lying to me...?

I heard some scoff in the tree above me. I almost flinched at the new presence. "This little brat, needs to hurry up!" The man said, in a low tone. To a normal person, they wouldn't be able to hear it, but with my heightened senses I could. "The little brat is taking forever. I have places to be after this, and she's holding me up! What is that on her head anyway? Dog ears? What freak wears fake dog ears on their head?" My ears twitched at the insult, and the man gasped. "Oh god, their real! The brat's really is a freak! Why hasn't the Hokage killed the thing already?! I can feel its disgracing from up here!" The man laughed at us joke and someone near him joined in. "The demon should be killed, if not locked up! I don't wanna see that in our village, its disgusting!" My tail fell, and dragged on the ground, as my eyes shadowed over. Was I really that much of a eyesore? Did they really hate me that much...?

I turned to Kakashi, who was still looking at me, worriedly. I was a monster, a demon, so why was he still trying to help me? I don't deserve to be here at all. I took a few steps back, and Kakashi stepped forward, again. I shook my head, no, and turned to run away.

After I got a few steps ahead, I was blocked by a wall of earth. On the wall was four different dogs, with angry faces. The wall stretched all around me, making a box. I turned around, to see Kakashi looking a bit sad, yet angry at the same time. "Yakunan, you need to stop this, now. We're not going to hurt you, so why can't you see that? We want to help you! We will protect you--"

"Stop lying, Kakashi," I said looking down, a dark shadow falling over my face. "Stop lying to me, I don't want to hear it."

"I'm not lying, Yakunan--"

"YES YOU ARE!" I screamed at him, tears trailing down my face. "THEY ALWAYS ARE! I DON'T WANT TO TRUST YOU ANYMORE! Every time I trust someone, they always come back to hurt me. Rei did it. You did it. Even Crimson and Pure found a way to do it." I laughed humorlessly, at looked at my sensei. His brow was furrowed, downwards, and his eye was narrowed. "Stop trying Kakashi, it's no use. I already made up my mind; I'm not trusting anyone ever again, and I'm leaving. This is why I always avoided coming to villages. This is why I hate other people. Leave me alone," I finished, weakly, my voice cracking. I turned away from him, and to the wall. How much chakra would it take to beat this thing down...? Part of my chakra was spread gone from trying to get out here. Maybe if I--

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist tightly, and I stiffened, trying to get out of the hold, but they only held tighter.

"What are you--" I began to say, but the stopped. The owner of the arm-- who was Kakashi -- turned me around and brought me into his chest. "Whadt srde yougkf doindbs? Leavdkde mshe alwounde. (Translation: What are you doing? Leave me alone.) I said, my voice muffled by his vest. He oddly smelled like strawberries, which made me a bit hungry.

"You, my friend, need to chill out," Kakashi said, nonchalantly. "Stop worrying about everything, I told you that I'd protect you, and I plan on keeping that promise. Even if you think that I betrayed you, I will always protect you with my life, because you are my comrade, friend, and daughter. No matter what you say, I'll never stop trying to help you, ever. Trust me or not, it doesn't matter, I will always, always protect you with my life." I looked up at Kakashi, who was giving me his signature closed eye smile.

Tears welled up in my eyes as a response to his words. He... Really wanted to care for me... He would... Protect me. I looked at his face, and something dawned on me, he reminds me of Rei when we first met.

For the second time in my life, a real smile crept its way on my face. With tears in my eyes, I smiled at Kakashi. "Thank you, Kakashi," I said.

Kakashi nodded, and undid the mud-dog wall surrounding us. Once it fell, we were surrounded by men wearing black vest and animalistic masks.

"Is everything okay, Kakashi-sempai?" One of them with a cat-like mask asked.

"Yes, everything is clear, we will set off to the village now," Kakashi said to the men. They nodded, and shot off into the trees, each one going in the direction of the village. Kakashi looked back at me. "C'mon, I'm sure the Hokage wants to talk to you about that broken window." I blink, confused for a second before sweat dropping. That's gonna cost a lot, isn't it...

I sighed and walked along with Kakashi, on the way to the Hokage's office.