7 | CUP OF COFFEE

CUP OF COFFEE

SEVERAL YEARS LATER

"Are you in for a cup of good coffee?"

A familiar voice asked beside her and his voice echoed inside the air conditioned room. Lucy Heartfilia placed a hand on her chest as she squealed in surprise, and breathed a relieved sigh after seeing who it was and not some creepy stalker. "You need to stop scaring me, Gray!"

The said man chuckled in amusement. "I didn't mean to scare you. Why're you scared, anyway? My face isn't scary, in fact, it's beautiful." He stated in reply, chuckling for the second time when he saw her roll her brown eyes.

She ignored his narcissistic comment and proceeded to face her computer, her hands automatically typing once she touched the keyboard. "I can't, sorry. I need to finish this within the week. Authors have deadlines too, you know."

Gray raised his right eyebrow, finding her reason to be unreasonable. "Sculptors have deadlines too, you know," he mimicked her voice, completely failing as he did so. Nonetheless he still continued to mock her even though his imitation was poor. "Come on, Lucy. You need to take a break. Besides, when was the last time we had a date? You're so busy nowadays! Plus, I already invited Erza and she said yes, so you have no choice but to go, too." the raven-haired man complained, pouting at the end of his rant (which made him look like a fool, since the pout didn't suit him at all!).

The blonde heated up, and she faced him with a glare. It was supposed to intimidate him, but it did the opposite effect. Gray was actually amused and entertained. "First off, those aren't dates and –"

"They were, to me, at least."

Her face heated up more, but she ignored it and continued anyway. "–and don't you have clients? Since your ice sculptures are oh-so-magnificent, breathtakingly beautiful and elegant, I assume you have lots of clients wanting your sculp–"

A smirk lined on his lips, his arms crossing over his chest. "I'm already working on it. It's almost done," he declared proudly, and she shook her head. She knew he wouldn't stop pestering her until she said yes, so what else could she do?

Well, a cup of coffee wouldn't hurt, right? Lucy thought about it for a moment, and concluded, I do need a break. I've been working nonstop nowadays. I haven't been spending time with him lately. Poor guy must be lonely inside his freezing workroom.

"Okay, fine. Let's go." She declared, standing up and Gray's smirk widened.

"I knew you couldn't resist me."

"How about you shut up before I change my mind?"

Oh, how she missed this.

A/N: so I'll be clarifying few things to avoid confusion.

·        SEVERAL YEARS LATER? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

They are already adults and are now working. As you can see, Lucy is a famous author and Gray is also a famous ice sculptor. As for Erza, well, you'll get to know soon.

·        WHY WAS NATSU NOT MENTIONED HERE?

Unfortunately fortunate to say that Lucy might have forgotten about Natsu. Who knows? Just because his name wasn't mentioned here, doesn't mean a certain someone had moved on already. Or maybe she had finally moved on. WHO KNOWS?

·        '"WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE HAD A DATE?"' AGAIN, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??

Remember chapter v.? Lucy had said that she was considering Gray and well, they may or may have not went on 'dates' *winkwink*

·        WHY WAS ERZA MENTIONED THERE? WHERE IS SHE THO?

THE THREE OF THEM ARE STILL BEST FRIENDS. Now that's what I call #squadgoals. Anyways, Erza's in her workroom lol.

·        AND WHY WAS GRAY IN LUCY'S OFFICE? 

Simple, he left his own and went to Lucy's office. He goes there often and well, the guards and staff already know him yadayadayada so he has access to her office without further interrogations.

·        HOW DID LUCY NOT NOTICE THE SOUND OF HER OFFICE DOOR CREAKING WHEN HE WENT INSIDE? AND WHY THE FREAK DID GRAY NOT KNOCK?

To be honest, I don't know myself HAHA. Maybe Lucy was too focused on her work to notice anything else. And as for Gray not knocking, well I don't know either LOL. Maybe Gray was actually a spy-slash-ninja who has stealthy moves –

(If he had stealthy moves, then he would've already gotten Lucy.)

#burn. APPLY COLD WATER TO BURNT AREA.

Anyways, as I was saying, maybe Gray was actually a spy-slash-ninja who has stealthy moves but actually disguises himself as an ice sculptor? LOL this imagination of mine I swear. :/

This chapter was short and boring af, but this is an introduction of their adulthood. In other words, like another arc? idk. But yeah, it's (kind of) another arc. 

OKAY THAT'S ALL! AND HOPEFULLY IT HAD FIXED SOME OF YOUR CONFUSIONS (if you were confused).

+ please pardon my grammatical errors hihihi~

this is sandra, a nalu-graylu love triangle trash, signing out. ❀