Chapter 15

Slowly creeping up to Hannah, Shanel lunged at her with the syringe raised over her head. At the last possible moment, Hannah ducked, and rolled onto the floor. She got to her feet with her hands raised in front of her, stunned by what just happened. With a wild, manic cry, Shanel tried again with the same result. She was shaking from head to foot and started yelling at Hannah:

"Ya stupid bitch! How dare ya take Randall away from me?! He's mine! Ya can't have him!"

"I don't want Randall, Shanel. What's wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?" Hannah shrieked in fear still holding her hands in front of her in a defensive position.

"I lost my mind?? Ya get to have all the ice in the world for free. What the fuck is that? What makes ya so special? So ya gave him some doe, big fucking deal!"

"It's Randall's decision what he wants to do not mine and you know it. Now calm down." Hannah tried to reason with Shanel but it only made things worse.

"Calm down?! Calm down?! I ain't gonna calm down! I'm gonna kill ya! This needle has HIV in it! One shot of this and ya goin nighty night forever!"

She lunged at Hannah again and this time when Hannah ducked, she remembered a move she was taught when she went to SMU and took a self-defense class. She crouched down and kicked her leg up high; she got Shanel in the chest and the force of the impact, sent Shanel flying across the room into a wall. The syringe flew out of her hand and landed on the floor where it rolled into the middle of the room. Hannah looked at Shanel in shock as the latter wasn't moving. She was slumped against the wall as Hannah walked over to her and checked her pulse. There wasn't one. She then backed up toward the edge of the room and curled into a ball on the floor; rocking back and forth.

Loud bangs were heard from the outside and suddenly there was a rush of air as a bunch of yelling was heard. It was like déjà vu all over again. Men dressed in black with guns and flashlights came blazing into the warehouse from all sides like bees swarming on honey. It was another raid and this time it seemed like it was double or triple the amount of agents then the last one. Allen and Ryan were right behind the SWAT team and Allen quickly spotted Hannah as he scanned the first floor efficiently and hurried towards her.

"Hannah. Hannah! It's Allen; are you hurt?" His eyes were wide with concern. She looked like she was going to die right on him.

"I killed her. I killed her. I killed her." Hannah kept repeating over and over as tears poured from her eyes.

"Killed who?" Allen asked confused. Hannah nodded in Shanel's direction as one of the SWAT team members checked on Shanel and shook his head. She was gone alright. Just then the officer saw the syringe and started to kneel down to pick it up.

"No! Don't touch that! She said there was HIV in there. She tried to poke me with it when she attacked me; she said she wanted to kill me. Please be careful!" She warned the officer who quickly straightened up.

Even in her dire state, Hannah was still worried about others and Allen saw that. She needed to be checked out and stat. He told Ryan to call the paramedics and get everyone out of there to be checked out before they were either brought in for questioning or released. When the EMT's arrived, Allen had one of his agents escort Hannah to a waiting ambulance to get checked out; it was obvious she was very traumatized by the events that had just taken place. The coroner was also called to pick up Shanel's body; she was the only fatality that night. Meanwhile, with the rest of the warehouse secure, he went up to the third floor where his agents had Randall at gun point.

"Aw come on man, ya got nothin on me. I'll be outta there by tomorrow mornin and ya know that!" Randall was stumbling over his own words and having a hard time standing still.