Chapter 10

Hannah's confused state quickly cleared as she stared down the barrel of a shot gun that was pointed at her face. The flashlight attached to it was making stars dance in front of her eyes. She held her hands up as she absolutely had no idea what was happening. Before she could say anything, two of the agents dragged her outside along with her backpack. She was led to a curb where she sat down and was handed her backpack which was completely tossed though nothing of use to the agents was found in there.

Hannah was shaking from head to toe in fear as she glanced around wide eyed. It seemed for a bit that everything was in slow motion as she wondered what her life had become. The adrenaline from the rapid wake up and the raid was staving off any withdrawal symptoms Hannah may have felt. Though she was still good and didn't use more than Caddie had originally given her. She could go up to 3 weeks without a hit. She assumed that that wasn't a bad thing and remembered what Caddie had told her about having a will not to become a full blown addict.

As she was contemplating all of this from where she was sitting, Allen and Ryan were briefed that the raid house was empty save for a few bags of marijuana that wasn't enough to bust anyone. Allen was angry that this raid was a failure so he walked away to clear his head. As he was walking near where some of the inhabitants of the residence were sitting on the street in the middle of the night, he happened to glance down and did a double take as he stared at the woman sitting on the curb with her hands around her knees shaking. He couldn't believe it; it was the woman from the medical office he had visited a year before.

But what was she doing there? Compared to all the others, she looked like an innocent lost in a world she didn't belong in. He looked at where Randall was sitting with 4 women that were as different from the woman before him as night and day. Time to find out what was going on and why this sad woman whose whole demeanor touched him a year before was in a place like this. He crouched down in front of her as she brought her big brown eyes to meet his.

"Excuse me miss; what is your name please?" He asked her kindly.

"H-Hannah. Hannah Peters." She responded.

"Mrs. Peters; my name is Allen Roberts. I'm an agent with the DEA. Is it my understanding that you and your belongings checked out clean for any and all illegal substances?" Hannah nodded. That's when Allen decided to bring up the meeting the year before.

"Mrs. Peters, I'm not sure if you remember me or not but we have seen each other before. One year ago in fact. You were with I believe your husband and your parents or his at a doctor's office in downtown Dallas. You were barely standing; we shared an elevator together. I believe you were coming out of Dr. Ginsberg's--the specialist's--office. Do you recall that by any chance?"

Hannah was startled when he brought up Dr. Ginsberg and when she thought back she suddenly remembered the visit where there was a strange but good looking African American male in the elevator with her, Chris, and his parents. She was surprised that he recognized her after all this time; after all, they didn't speak in the elevator but they just stood there. The only way she recognized him now that he jogged her memory was because of his eyes. They were just as kind now as they were that day. She instinctively felt like he meant her no harm no matter what the current circumstances were.

"Yes, yes I do. Now that you mention it, I do remember you Agent Roberts. Your kind eyes gave you away. I saw you when you first came on the scene and I thought you were familiar somehow from somewhere." Hannah smiled a little and she looked quite lovely when she did so though the smile didn't reach her eyes. Those were still incredibly sad and full of something.

"Mrs. Peters, what can you tell me about your associates at this house?" He asked her softly.

"Not much, I was invited here by Shanel and Randall. Shanel is the only real blonde out of those four women over there." Hannah nodded toward where Shanel and the other 3 were sitting. They weren't paying any attention to her nor was Randall who was surrounded by a bunch of agents and questioned. Whatever was happening to Hannah, she was on her own.