"Of course," Nate shook his head.

"Listen, we can talk later," Tiffany told him. "I just need a break."

"You don't want a break. You want a new year, new you type of shit and I ain't good enough for it."

Tiffany laughed. "So now I'm the bad guy?" She got closer to him, squinting her eyes. "Do you know how many times I chose to ignore the fact you still had heart eyes for Lucy?! Your EX?! But I said nothing because I wanted you! The chemistry between us was short and sweet, after that, it was forced. Forced because I was sick of being single and you needed a distraction from Lucy and all of her bullshit. Yes, I'm pretty- I'm fucking gorgeous. My grades are good & I'm good at what I do. But I am not some Beverly Hills airhead that's gonna wait around, being your doormat! Not. Me."

Nate couldn't even find the words to counteract that. Instead he nodded, grabbed his jacket & keys, then left.

Tiffany finally exhaled. "Goodbye."

. . . . .

Later on at Mr. Howell's party, Tiffany stuns some guests in her red halter dress. She's also wearing a "2016" gold glittery headband. Thomas greets her with a hug and offers her a cocktail. Soon after, he clinks his champagne flute with a fork to get everyone's attention.

"I just wanna say this has been an amazing year," Thomas spoke up. "I want to thank you all for your hard work and everyone else who has been there for support. I just wanted to announce that I've decided to permanently hire two of my star pupils: Tiffany Kelly and Twan Kuyper. Mr. Alec Bailey over there has found a different path to follow after the internship ends and we wish him all the best. So here is to an even better year. 2016 will be ours for the taking. Cheers."

Everyone cheers as well and sips their drink. Tiffany and Twan even fistbump, congratulating each other on their new jobs.

. . . . .

Vanessa's party is yet another success. She's hosting alongside her parents who have also invited other adults. Among them is Lucy and her parents. She's not in the best spirits considering her father had Ty tag along.

Besides them, everyone who is anyone is there; even Stassie who Serenity invited. She wanted to party with them instead of with Kylie. The chance to bring in the new year without any paparazzi was good enough for her. Serenity found it slightly odd but she chose to ignore it in the end.

Nate and Derek entered the party dressed in their best. Nate was rocking his usual slicked back man bun. Nadia immediately caught Derek's eye.

"I'll catch you later bro," Derek told Nate, never taking his eyes off Nadia.

Meanwhile, Nate finds Lucy across the room. She's standing with her family, looking annoyed with Ty. She spots Vanessa and Johnson talking and quickly leaves her family's side to join them. It's been over a month since Nate last spoke to her and he felt it would be good to bring in the new year on good terms.

He begins to walk toward her but is intercepted by Gilinsky.

"What's up," Gilinsky says a little too cheerfully. 

"What's good- uh, let me get at you later," Nate pauses him.

Gilinsky agrees and Nate continues toward Lucy.

"No boyfriend tonight?" Nate immediately regrets that being the first thing he said.

Lucy gives him a confused look. "You're talking to me now?"

"I don't wanna start the new year with grudges," he explained.

"Ah," she nods, glancing at Vanessa & Johnson before looking back at him. "And no. No boyfriend tonight. He's with his father."