Chapter 10

Jack's pov

It's been a few days now. Myth has really opened up more, and not just to me, but to the others too.

Don't get me wrong, she still often comes off as antisocial, sarcastic, and rude, but that's just who she is. And I like her that way.

After dinner, I headed back up to my room with Myth. I started getting a few of my weapons of choice before I leave.

As I went through drawers and got my things, I told Myth, "I'll be back soon. I need to stock up on kidneys."

She sat comfortably on my bed, looking up from the book she was reading. "Yeah, I forgot to mention that we were getting low."

I chuckled as I looked over at her. "Well we wouldn't be running low if I didn't have to feed you too."

"Good thing you do. I might eat you if you didn't."

There she is with that famous sarcasm I've grown to love. I smiled under my mask, gazing at her for a moment. I could just imagine cuddling with her as she read.

"I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay, I'll be here."

I left my room and went downstairs. Jeff and Ben were both in the living room, playing games with Smile laying at their feet.

"Hey, guys. I'm going out for awhile. Keep an eye on Myth while I'm gone."

Ben paused the game and looked at me. "You're giving us permission to look after your precious little angel?"

I growled slightly. "Yes. But don't even think about doing anything to her."

Jeff finally said, "Relax, Jack. We know she's yours. Just go already, we'll make sure she doesn't go anywhere."

I made my way to the door without another word. Too bad Masky and Hoodie are out right now, they're more trustworthy than these two. Oh well, Myth will be fine.

Myth's pov

I continued reading my book after Jack had left. I was lucky that Slenderman let me borrow some of his books to read or else I'd go out of my mind.

After a bit of reading, I stood and stretched. I looked outside the window to see a squirrel darting across the nearby tree branches.

I lunged forward slightly, almost hitting my face against the glass. My eyes were fixed on the rodent until it disappeared among the trees.

I held my head in my hands, stepping back from the window. "C'mon, Myth. Resist. You can't let the beast take over."

I slowly stepped away from the window and headed for the door. I need to take my mind off things. I've been doing so well too, I can't fall to the temptation.

I left the room and went downstairs. I was glad to see Ben and Jeff both in there, playing video games, like usual, with Smile sleeping on the floor. Since they didn't notice me, I swung myself over the couch, sitting myself between them both.

They both looked at me, Ben sarcastically saying, "Well look who decided to join us. Make yourself comfortable."

I stretched my legs out, grinning. "Oh, you know I will."

Jeff slightly pushed on my arm. "Yeah, well, just don't distract us."

I waved a hand at him dismissively. "Ah, just shut up and play."

He rolled his unblinking eyes and the two boys continued playing their game. I watched them for quite awhile, often teasing them about their mess ups.