Not Jason.  

"As you can see, I have decided that our first fundraiser will be a masquerade ball!" Mr. D said. His voice carried like he was speaking into a microphone. I could tell he was very proud of himself. "It will be held in two weeks. We will be selling tickets and masks."  

I was excited for a split second, and then I realized the shit I would be in. Three guys, in masks, messing with my head. Yay!  

"We will be teaming up with the Ballroom Dancing Club, so we only have to sell ten tickets each." Mr. D said.  

"Yes!" I accidently yelled, interrupting his big speech. I really didn't mean to, but I was excited. It was the Ballroom Dancing Club. I want to be in that club! 

"Carlie?" Mr. D asked, sounding unsure.  

"Oh, um, I just really love fundraising," I lied horribly, "best idea ever. Yes!" I had accomplished making myself look like a total idiot in five seconds flat. That was a new record for me. 

"Alright," Mr. D said slowly, like he was talking to a small child. "Well, the dance will take place in the great ballroom in the main hall on September 25th. Dinner will be served by the cooking club at six, so yes, we will be splitting our profit three ways. Tickets are 100 a piece and masks will be sold for 50. Now come up here, I have a bag for each of you with your tickets, tickets to sell, and masks."  

"I'll grab yours," James said as he climbed out of his seat. James and I had become pretty good friends over the last week. I wouldn't say that I trusted him with my life or anything, but he wasn't bad to be around. He never hit on me, and he was always available when I was bored. Plus with him on my side, I could slack on my duties, he knew everything.  

I don't know how he did it, but he always knew what guy was going after which girl, and what buffers were buffing. I was so lucky to have him because I couldn't pull my head out of Jason's ass to save my life.  

I watched as all the boys stood in line, waiting for Mr. D to give them their bag of shit. The only one who wasn't waiting in line was Jason, and he was headed right for me.  

I sat up a little straighter, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I watched him until he plopped down in the seat next to me and then I looked forward. I was acting like such a stupid girl!  

"I'm sorry," he said quietly, looking straight ahead. 

"For?" I asked calmly. On the inside, I had a cheerleader doing flips because he was finally talking to me again.  

"For not talking to you." 

"And?" 

"Acting like a jerk," he laughed.  

I rested my head against his shoulder, "All is forgiven." Damn I was easy. Not a good quality in a girl. 

"I got something for you," he said surprising me. 

"What?" I asked. I took my head off his shoulder and turned my body towards him. 

"Well I overheard Jameson talking about this ball thing, and well, I got you this," He said pulling what looked like a shoe box out of his back pack. It had a pink ribbon tied around it and my name was written on the box in calligraphy.  

"What is it?" I asked excitedly as I snatched the box away from him. I get excited easily, and then I act like a small child on Christmas. Don't judge me.  

"Open it," he laughed.  

I pulled the ribbon off quickly and threw it behind me, causing Jason to laugh more. I then pulled off the lid and threw that behind me too. I had to dig through some tissue paper, which I piled up on Jason's lap, until I found the prize. 

"Holy shit!" I breathed out. It was a mask, and it was beautiful. It was extremely light and delicate made with thin black and silver metal. It had a thin black ribbon on each side to secure it to my head. The shape was almost a butterfly, with cat like eyes. Beautiful crystals lined above the eyes and around the forehead. I had never seen anything like it.  

"Carlie, will you go to the dance with me?" Jason asked.  

"Of course!" I answered without even thinking. In reality I couldn't have said no, even if I wanted to. The mask was so much, he must have dropped a good amount of money on it. If I said no, I would be the world's biggest douchebag. I couldn't have that, and I wanted to say yes anyways.  

I stood up with Jason and wrapped my arms around him in a hug. He did the same, but pressed a kiss to my forehead. It was a nice moment. 

When we broke apart and I realized that the whole room had gone quiet. I looked up to see James with a huge smile on his face, Blane shooting daggers with his eyes at Jason, and Mr. D scowling at me. 

Aw shit, I forgot about the other two.  

Lesson Number twelve ladies: Don't be the girl in between three guys. Hell don't even let your feelings get mixed up between three guys. Just pick one guy and roll with it. Learn from me!