“I miss you too, Bambi.” He whispered back, kissing me lightly on the forehead. I pulled the duvet over our entwined bodies and felt drowsiness creep up on me. I yawned hugely struggling to stay awake. I didn’t want to go back to sleep just yet. If I closed my eyes the wonderful dream of Luke would disappear.

Lucas must have sensed my distress as he pulled my head onto his hard chest so that I was using it as a pillow. Kissing my hair he murmured “Go to sleep Amber, I’ll still be here when you wake up.”

Fear gripped me and I balled his shirt in my fist. “You promise?” I begged desperately.

“I promise.”

With that confirmation I fell into a deep, comforting sleep. Feeling safer and less alone then I had for two years. But not before I peeked at my alarm clock. 11:56pm. He’d made it in time for my birthday. I smiled to myself snuggling into my human pillow.

***

A thin layer of light streamed in through the thick curtains at the window to the left of my bed. I groaned and tried to roll over but something heavy was weighing me down. I grumbled something unintelligible under my breath and stretched out as much as I could. Arms tightened around me and I let out a small squeak. My eyes flew open to see a man cuddled up to my side, his face buried in my boobs.

I managed to scoot so my back was against the headboard causing his head to flop onto my exposed stomach instead. I cringed away from him as he began to stir. Finally he sat up, letting go of his hold on me. I scooted further away from him until I came to the wall that my bed was pushed up against. He stretched his arms in the air yawning.

His hair was mussed from sleep and his clothes creased. At least that means we didn’t do anything last night. I ducked my head, trying to get a look at his face but he was looking down rubbing his eyes. I wracked my brain, trying to remember one small detail from last night. The only thing I could remember was that incredibly vivid dream I had about...

I shot off the bed, tackling the body down to the floor.

“Woah, calm down Am.” He muttered.

I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. “Lucas! I can’t believe you’re actually here!” I screamed right in his ear.

He chuckled and pulled his face away slightly so he could look in my eyes. “I thought you would disappear too. I’m glad I didn’t wake up disappointed again.” I wonder what he means by that?

I was about to say something when I noticed something different. Closing my mouth I looked down at where I was straddling Lucas on the floor. I jabbed him in the stomach. “When did you get so buff?” I queried.

“Ouch.” He joked, rubbing his stomach mockingly.

“I dunno.” He sat up slightly so I was sitting in his lap. He poked me in the hip. “When did you get so curvy? Last time I saw you, you were as flat as a board.”