Chapter 59: Bride

Second to last chapter :O
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Nellie's POV:
After Christmas Niall and I came home and celebrated the new year with our friends. It was now February, and the wedding is in October. Skye, Shannon, Sophia, Perrie, Eleanor, and my aunt are taking me dress shopping. We had looked a few times before, but never really tried any on. I had no idea what I wanted to wear. They talk about that perfect moment where you find your dress and how amazing it is, but I think that's kind of ridiculous. I understand a dress making you feel pretty and special, but never as amazing as some women say it makes them feel.

My aunt has been cancer free for a few months now, but her doctor still keeps her under a close watch. She still has weekly doctor appointments, but sometimes they are every other. She is also on a lot of medication, but neither of us care about that. We only care that she made it through and she's still here.

"What kind of dress do you want? You have to decide eventually" Shannon asked for the thousandth time. She was driving all of us in my aunt's minivan to her favorite dress store, the place where she got her prom dress. Apparently, they also sell bridal.

"I. Don't. Know" I emphasized each word. "I haven't even tried any on yet, how do I know what will look good?"

"You have to have some type of fantasy dress!" Eleanor exclaimed. I shrugged and thought for a second.

"I don't think I want anything to tight, but nothing too poofy either." I told them and they all nodded in agreement.

"Yea, you've always struck me as the in-between type" Skye said thoughtfully. Then we all burst out laughing. Why? I'm not really sure.

"Well, I want you to look just like the princess you are" my aunt told me after we had all calmed down. I was sitting behind her so I leaned over her seat and gave her a kiss on the cheek before sitting back down.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"I want you to wear something sexy though" Shannon whined and I rolled my eyes.

"I could never pull off something sexy" I replied.

"Are you joking?! You have the perfect figure" Sophia gaped at me from the backseat.

"I'm like a fat pencil, I have no shape but I have a big stomach" I told them and they all burst out in protest.

"Oh please, Niall couldn't keep his eyes off of you when we went clubbing that one time and I forced you into the body-con dress" Shannon told me. My aunt looked at me through the rear view mirror and raised her eyebrows.

"When was this?" She asked suspiciously and I groaned.

"Good job Shannon"

"Sorry" she giggled.

***

We arrived at the dress shop and started looking around. Shannon came up to me with maybe three mermaid dressed and I glared at her. She smiled innocently and brought them to what I guess will be my dressing room. I sighed and looked through some other dresses. A few caught my eye, so I took them off the rack and brought them to the dressing room as well. When we had all looked around for a bit I had around ten dresses to try on.

"Alright, let's get this over with" I huffed out and the older woman helping me with the dresses chuckled.

"I've never heard of a bride who doesn't want to try on wedding dresses" she smiled at me in the mirror as I got the first dress on and she started to tie up the back.