Chapter 42

This picture is killing me!! He's so adorable!!

Rose's POV

"What will all the other students say about their lockers?" I ask Taehyung. "You pretty much transformed the hallway."

He chuckles. "The janitor will clean it all up soon."

"Wha-Huh? Are you sure the janitor's fine with that?"

He nods and looks back to the janitor who was standing right next to Seokjin and Namjoon, who were hiding behind a tall plant.

"Yeah." The janitor raises his hand and nods. "I clean toilets, kitchens, puke, kitchen food. This right here, is like a raise."

We both laugh.

"Thank you." I wave towards him.

"Ok, we don't have a lot of time! Look inside your locker!" Taehyung spins me around and excitedly taps my shoulder.

I nod. I put in my combo and opened my locker.

"HOLY-" My hands flew to my mouth.

The back of the locker door was covered in pink and red tissue paper with gold sparkly letters spelling out "TAEROSE".

He points to it. "Isn't that sweet? I made it up myself. It's out ship name."

"I love you." I turned around and kissed him on the lips. "You are so cute."

"Well, you're about to love me more. Look inside the locker."

I turn back to locker and gasped.

On the back was a picture of me and a separate photo of Taehyung. A heart was placed in between us with the word "Forever" printed in big bold letters. Small twinkling lights strung all around. A pink furry carpet decorated the bottom with pink glitter shimmering all around.

"Awh, how adorable. There's a lot of pink." I comment and touched the furry carpet.

"I-I picked it out." Seokjin yells from behind a plant.

"So did I!" Namjoon yells too.

"You wanted to blue carpet, what are you saying?" Seokjin nagged.

"I FOUND the store!"

"HUSHHHHH!" Jimin hushed and pulled them back before they could argue even more.

Taehyung rolls his eyes and lets out a small laugh.

My books were sitting on the furry carpet, neatly placed in the middle. I looked closer and there was one book that I didn't recognize.

"Take a look." Taehyung whispers in my ear.

I nod and grabbed the book. My eyes start watering as soon as I see the front cover.

"T-Taehyung and Rose...my love put into words. You deserve more than a sentence, more than a paragraph, more than an essay." I read out loud in between sniffs.

I tightly wrap my arms around his neck and press my lips against his.

"Don't read it until you get home." He says. "Promise?"

"Why?"

"It'll be better when you aren't crying in public."

I laugh. "Yes, you're right. Won't you want to see my reaction?"

"I already did...and I know I did a great job."

"I helped!" Jungkook yells.

"So did I!" Jimin yells too.

"You did not! You just came by and watched." Jungkook exposes him.

"What! I glued down the pictures." Jimin defends.

"They didn't even stick that well!"

"Ignore them. Anyways, read it at home." Taehyung kisses my forehead. "Ok?"

I nod. "Of course, ok, ok, I will, I will, thank you, thank you so much!"

"My pleasure, babe. Now, let me talk to you....to wrap this up."

"Awh, this is all so much already. You're being so sweet. I'm gonna start balling soon, you know."

He pulls me close to him and wraps his arms around my waist. He leans in and kisses my forehead.

"I love you, Rose. I want to keep all these memories with me because they are happy and they include you. You make me forget the bad things that hold me back and you always know how to bring strength into my life. You have my heart and I know it's in great hands."

-----

My cheeks were still uncontrollably red the whole school day. Every second, Taehyung's beautiful words would pop into my mind and I would just melt.

I was going to tutor Taehyung today too, but he's retaking a test, so....I can go home and SCREAM AND CRY ALL I WANT!

I skipped all the way back to my home. My backpack was full of chocolates and photos and stuff that was in my locker and other people's looks didn't keep me from leaping and prancing around in the streets.

I open the front door of my house and run inside.

"MOM! MOTHER! HELLO, ARE YOU HERE!?" I scream at the top of my lungs.

I check all the rooms and no mom was spotted.

I fist pump in the air and dash to my room. I throw my backpack on my bed and turn on calm music with my stereo.

I sit criss-cross on my bed with the photo album on my lap. I've been waiting to look through this forever! I even started tearing up just seeing the words "TAEROSE" written on it.

Damn. Taehyung just makes me go through waterworks.

My heart races as I open to the very first page.

"Awh..." I pouted.

Pictures of the detention room where I FIRST met Taehyung and his friends. A hand drawn picture of all of us inside the class talking to each other caught my attention quickly. Stick figures, to be exact.

"Would you help me with my studies' Says Jimin. 'Sure, what problem?' Says Rose." I read out loud. My cheeks were sore from smiling so much.

I read a bit more and a doodle of me helping Jimin with his homework was next.

"He smelled my hair?" I narrowed my eyes. "What a weirdo."

I continued scanning the page, spending a lot of time on just the beginning of the book. I didn't want to miss ANY details.

How did he remember all this? I barely remember what I wore yesterday.

There was so much more to gush over, but I was interrupted by a phone call.

I pick up the phone, angrily. "WHAT IS IT?"

"Hey, whoa there, calm down, girl. I just wanted to come over." Lilia chuckles.

"But I was just about to get to the good part! Jimin just smelled my hair!" I whined.

"Huh? What? I'm coming over!"

"Bring tissues!"

"Chocolate?"

I look at the pile of chocolates spilling out of my backpack.

I had a lot of chocolate.

"Yes. Bring some."