the one with the fight

As we head towards the exit, a familiar and tall figure towards us. Once the person is close enough I instantly identify who it is.

"Oh my gosh, Hi Luke," Britney chirps.

I internally groan. This girl is right at the top of the list of people I hate. It's been that way since I met her when I was fourteen. She acknowledges my presence with her signature grimace and hypocrisy-filled eye roll.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him, flipping her hair over her shoulder and flashing a smile.

This is the typical blonde popular girl you would find in one of those Teen Movies. She is a duplicate of them, making it hard to believe she is really like that.

"Just shopping," He answers blankly In the corner of my eye I can see him glance at me.

"With her?" She doesn't even bother to look at me.

This is a good opportunity for Luke to throw me in the deep end and side with Britney which is undoubtedly what I expect him to do.

"Yes," He responds.

She seems slightly taken back by his answer whereas I am relieved.

She places a hand on her hip. "Oh what, so you're fucking her now?"

Although I like to refrain from confrontation and conflict, I've bit my tongue for long enough.

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm going to be fucking him," I say indignantly, putting my arm out in confusion.

"Well you clearly are. Why else would he be here with you - a very irrelevant and ugly loser."

Irrelevant? Ugly? Okay they are true but up your insult game.

"Just because he doesn't want your crusty vagina anymore doesn't give you any justification to insult me." I mimic the harshness that was present in her tone. Britney opens her mouth in utter shock. We walk around her and I have to press my lips together to stop myself from chortling.

-

"I'm sorry about what just happened," Luke says when we reach my car.

"Why do you even waste your time on her?" I sigh exaggeratedly as I grab my keys from my pocket.

"I-I don't know." He rubs the back of his neck and avoids looking at me.

"I get it, she's the general societal depiction of the perfect physical appearance but she is a horrible person." I roll my eyes about a million times as I get into my car.

She manages to be misogynistic when she is a girl and always picks on people's flaws. If she doesn't think people are pretty and skinny then she is automatically rude to them.

"So, did you have sex with her? That's what everyone seems to talk about," I ask earnestly.

He waits a few seconds before answering, "Yeah, I did."

"You don't even seem like you like her so why did you?" I know this is intrusive of me and although I may not like Luke that much, I still want to know why he would even waste his time on that bitc–very unpleasant person.