the one with the horror movie

At around 9pm, Ramona, Michael, Calum, Luke, Ashton and I all gathered around Ramona's dining table, trying to decide what pizza to order.

Michael invited Ashton because apparently without him the 'squad wouldn't be complete'.

I was just glad it was the weekend after a tedious week. My new job was strenuous and my parents were making me study more even though my exams were still a fair time away.

Calum was adamant on ham and pineapple whereas the rest of us wanted pepperoni and it took a further five minutes of bickering to reach an agreement.

Whilst we waited for the pizza, we also had to decide on what movies we were going to watch which was equally difficult.

"Let's just watch Die Hard," Ashton suggested, making his voice go even deeper when he said Die Hard.

Ramona shook her head vigorously and claimed that she would rather pull her hair out than watch that movie; she was forced to watch it every christmas.

I continued to scan through the DVDs on the shelf, blocking out an argument about how good Die Hard is.

"What about Titanic?" Ramona announced, a wide smile on her face.

"That's like a three hour movie about nothing," Luke groaned, folding his arms across his chest.

"Shut up, Luke," Ramona snapped, throwing the DVD onto the couch beside him.

I smirked, noticing the exasperation on Luke's face.

Why was he even here?

He didn't even look like he wanted to be.

Five minutes later, with everyone squished on the couch, the movie began.

Unfortunately, I was sat next to Michael, who was sat next to Ramona, which meant I had to be right next to all the flirting and giggling.

I rested my head back, bringing my knees to my chest and watched the movie.

About thirty minutes in, there was a loud knock at the door but I seemed to be the only that had heard it.

I glanced around to see that everyone had their eyes fixated on the TV and didn't show any signs that they were about to get up.

"I'll go," I muttered, pulling myself up.

I returned to the couch with a pizza box in hand which caught everyone's attention.

Another thirty minutes went by and the pizza had been consumed.

As the credits rolled, I got up and headed to the stairs.

I entered Ramona's room and sought some pyjamas to change into.

Normally, I just bring my toothbrush and phone to her house because she always lets me borrow anything I needed but I forgot that her clothes were predominantly things that I wouldn't wear.

The only things I could find were a peach tank top and plaid red pyjama trousers.

After changing and dumping my clothes in Ramona's wardrobe, I made my way back downstairs.

Instead of going back into the living room, where they were trying to pick out another movie to watch, I walked into the kitchen, switching the light on as I entered.

I strolled over to the sink, grabbed a glass, and filled it with water.

Letting out a yawn, I turned the tap off, and turned around.

Luke was stood by the door.

"Don't do that!" I say, lifting my hand to my chest in shock.

"Scared?" He teased, leaning against the counter casually.

A smirk appeared on his face. The same smirk that is always stitched to his face when he antagonises me.

I rolled my eyes and moved my gaze to the floor, tapping my fingertips against my glass.

I wanted to leave the kitchen but Luke would have probably tried to trip me as I passed him.

Annoyingly, he wasn't moving but just staring at me. Not in a creepy or hostile way though. It was an enigmatic expression.

I could only cope with the silence and staring for about twenty seconds until I felt way too uncomfortable.

"Well," I sighed, sitting my glass on the counter. I started walking towards the door, Luke's gaze following me. "This was fun, we should do it again sometime," I say in a monotonous and sarcastic tone, faking a smile.

As I passed, he bit his bottom lip, his eyes still on me, and kept an indecipherable facial expression.

I let out a sigh, finally away from him piercing stare.

It seemed like whatever he did, just irritated me. That was obviously his aim.

When I entered the living room, I saw Ramona try to get the remote from Michael. Michael, who was at least a foot taller than her, was on his tiptoes, holding the remote with his arm up high.

I took a seat next to Ashton, who was, up until I sat down, engrossed in conversation with Calum.

They both turned their heads to look at me, their eyes widening.

"Phoebe, nice-"

"Don't say it, Hood," I interrupted him warningly.

"-pyjamas. That's what I was going to say." He pointed a finger at me and grinned.

Rolling my eyes, I leaned back and folded my arms.

Ramona had managed to get the remote from Michael and was inserting a DVD in the player.

Then, her and Michael sat down, Michael by the arm of the couch and Ramona on his left.

"Ramona can you move up?" I muttered.

She pressed several buttons on the remote and then rotated her head to face me and said complacently, "No, I'm fine here."

Before turning away, she winked, a wide smile forming on her face.

So, I'm going to be stuck next to Luke again. He will probably do something to make me resent him more than I already do.

Ramona obviously wants me to be friends with Luke but I don't see that happening.

Luke entered the living room just as the movie, that Ramona hadn't even told us the name of, was about to start.

He glanced between me and the space between Ramona and I and then was about to sit down on the rug when Ramona yanked him backwards, pulling him onto the couch.

"There's plenty of room, Luke," She chuckled, looking at me and Luke as he adjusted his sitting position.

I glared at Ramona and moved my attention to the movie.

This was not as uncomfortable as it had been at the restaurant because there was at least visible space between Luke and I and hopefully there wouldn't be any remarks from Ramona and Michael since we were watching a movie.

The first scene from the movie appeared and it was blatant that this was a horror film. So, as I loathed them, I stood up and and headed out of the room.

I didn't even know where I was going to go.

"Where are you going?" Michael asked.

I turned around as I came to a stop near the door.

Ramona had paused the movie and everyone apart from Luke was looking over their shoulders at me.

"I don't like horror movies," I answered plainly, looking down at the carpet.

"Just hide behind Luke when the scary parts are on," Michael said as if it were an obvious thing to do.

"No!" I exclaimed, fed up of the things Michael had said like this.

Filled with frustration, I speedily walked out, closing the door behind me.

Great. Now what do I do?

//

this is kind of on hold for now bc i'm still editing struggle but i will update this again soon i just don't know when