Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“Baby?” Kimberley whispered planting a soft kiss on her reunited lover’s lips. “Are you alright?”

With her eyes still closed, Cheryl’s face spread into a wide, dimpled grin. “I’m more than alright” she sighed, her breath slowly returning to normal pace, before pulling Kimberley back down to her for another kiss. That was the thing about Kimberley…Cheryl just couldn’t get enough of her. Even after the last two hours of non-stop, sweaty, hot, and ultimately satisfying sex that had left her muscles aching and limp, her appetite for her girlfriend was as strong as before they had begun. Tasting herself on Kimberley’s tongue as they kissed made Cheryl smile. “You were amazing babe” she told her girlfriend as she pulled away licking her lips.

Kimberley merely giggled in response as she lowered herself onto the bed beside Cheryl. “You weren’t too bad yourself” she told the younger girl with a teasing smile playing on her lips.

Cheryl’s eyes widened playfully. “Not too bad?! Judging by the sounds coming from you, I’d say it was more than not too bad!” she admonished.

“Just kiddin’ babe” Kimberley reassured her, sealing her words with a sweet kiss before pulling away as Cheryl’s phone began to ring from somewhere in the room.

Pulling her still naked form from the bed she rooted through a pile of hastily discarded garments before strolling back and hopping in beside Kimberley again. “Hi Simon” she answered pulling the sheets around her for warmth

“What? Tonight?...I know but…yes I understand…yes Simon but … mmmhmm…ok Simon…I’ll see you then….bye Simon”

Snapping her phone shut, Cheryl threw herself back down onto the crumpled sheets and groaned before turning to face her girlfriend.

“That was Simon” she explained.

“No! Was it? Honestly Chez, I would never have guessed it was Simon unless you had told me just then” Kimberley replied sarcastically earning herself a playful slap from the Geordie.

“Shut up” she smiled embarrassedly before continuing “He wants me, Dannii and Louis to meet him tonight to talk about the X”

“He’s starting work on the new series already?” Kimberley asked in disbelief. It felt like only a few weeks since the last one had finished! But, come to think about it, it was actually a few months since the "incident" at the wrap party. Between the early dates with Cheryl and her trip to Asia, time had gone by so quickly. And, she supposed, it was true what they say….Time flies when you’re having fun!

“It looks that way” Cheryl replied bringing her girlfriend back gently from her thoughts before giving her an apologetic look. “He’s being quite insistent that I go to it babe”

“Well, he is your boss” Kimberley answered making Cheryl smile as she remembered the first day she had called to Kimberley’s apartment and the older girl had been concerned that she might be told off for being late to a meeting. Such a goody two shoes Cheryl thought affectionately.

“I know yeah…” the younger girl continued. “But I’m supposed to be staying at yours this evening for DVD’s and takeaway with you and the girls”

“You are?” Kim questioned.

“Yeah, I knew we would end up here after the airport” she chuckled. “But, I knew you’d want to see all the girls as well so I’ve got Nadine to get the others round to your flat for a bit of a welcome home party”

“Chez…” Kimberley whispered, gently stroking her girlfriend’s soft cheek. “That’s so thoughtful of you babe”

“Fat lot of good it did! Now I can’t even go!” she huffed. “Bloody Simon Effing Cowell!!”

“Well it’s not the end of the world now babe is it? I’ll have the girls and let’s face it, the jet lag will probably hit me and I’ll be wanting my bed early anyway!” she consoled.

“Hmmm” Cheryl answered, still not entirely happy that she was missing the fun but Kimberley was right…she would have the girls and they probably had just as much catching up to do with her as she had. Although probably not in the same way!

“You can take me out during the week to make up for it ok?” Kimberley offered. She didn’t need Cheryl to make up for anything. They had spent a wonderful afternoon in bed together and she had meant it when she said it was the thought that counted. But, she knew Cheryl too well and she knew she wouldn’t rest until she had some way of making things right.

The Geordie nodded eagerly before planting a satisfied kiss on her girlfriend’s lips.

“Now, what else can I do to welcome you home baby?” she asked as she scooted closer to her in the bed, her sexy grin turning to a frown as Kimberley scooted in the opposite direction and out of the bed.

“Come on” she instructed, pulling Cheryl up and leading her towards the bathroom. “Let’s have a nice long soak before we have to leave… I might even let ya lather me up” she winked.

Wrapping her arms around her girlfriend’s naked body from behind Cheryl placed a soft kiss on Kimberley’s neck and whispered…

“Lucky me”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Here ya go pet” Cheryl panted, dropping Kimberley’s suitcase heavily for the second time that day.

“Thanks hun” Kimberley laughed. “But ya don’t have to keep lugging this thing around for me. You’ll snap yourself in half!” she chuckled.

“Hey! I climbed Kilimanjaro with a bag bigger than that on me back!” she remarked gesturing to the suitcase.

Kimberley was just about to inform her that she hadn’t done the climb in 6inch Louboutins and so she should take it easy when the door of her flat swung open to reveal a very excited Nadine.

“Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!” she screeched leaping to engulf her friend in a bear hug. “You’re back!”

“Yup” Kimberley giggled. “And to prove it I’m here!”

“How did you get on? Was Asia fab? Where was your favourite place? Did you eat anything weird?” she ranted pulling the Yorkshire girl through the doorway and down to the living room with Cheryl, who had just discovered the suitcase’s wheels, following triumphantly.

“You kept this quiet Kimba” she scoffed pointing to the fact that the suitcase was rolling with ease as she walked.

“Well you were trying so hard” she giggled before explaining to Nadine how Cheryl had lugged the full weight of it from the airport to the car, the car to the house, back to the car again and now up to the flat!

“Awww Chez!” Nadine laughed. “What are you like! You definitely deserve a cuppa after that”

“I’d love to hun but I’ve gotta be going. I’ve got a meeting with Simon and the gang”

“Ah that’s crap! The others will be so disappointed too! Especially Sarah. She wanted another dose of celebrity gossip!” 

“I know. I’m disappointed meself. I really wanted to be here! And on your first night back home…” she trailed off turning to face Kimberley.

“We’ve been through this babe” Kimberley said softly as she turned to walk the Geordie to the door. “It’s your job and I’ve got the girls. I’m not angry so don’t feel guilty” Having planted a few sweet kisses on Cheryl’s lips she turned her around and gave her bottom a soft smack. “Now off you go and get Simon to buy ya a few cocktails! You’ll be right then”

“I won’t be drinking cause I’ve got the car” she called back as she made her way down the hall. “I might ask him for a raise though!” she laughed.

That would be the day!