εννέα - nine

Luke

We finally made it to the doors that held our parents and i was shaking in my skin.

"Cmon, Luke. It's now or never." Calum pushed, and i nodded throwing the doors open.

All the chatter seem to stop as monument-like gods were all perched in their respective seats.

"Calum?" "Michael!" "Ash!" "Luke."

The parents seemed to think we were crazy as we were covered in dirt and mud from travel.

I saw my father, the trident sitting abruptly in his hand. We studied eachother and I took almost nothing after him. I looked like mum.

Water started to flow around him and he shifted back to his human size, us face to face now.

I couldn't form any words as I looked into his old blue eyes. I couldnt.

"I know you're probably shocked. You might even be hateful towards me. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sorry I had to go. I sorry I couldn't physically be there as you grew up to become such a handsome man. But I was there. Mentally." He finished, grasping his trident harder.

"How could you leave us?" I asked, my voice cracking. "You left us alone and mum dated that monster James. I would always see the other kids with their fathers. Going to baseball games, helping them with homework, fixing up the car. And fuck, I didn't get any of it."

I paused, tears pricking my eyes. Something snapped and suddenly I was screaming, struggling as he gripped my arm to calm me down.

"I HATE YOU! LET ME FUCKING GO! IT WAS A MISTAKE TO SEE YOU! I WANT TO GO HOME!" I cried, him pulling me outside and seeing the boys giving me worried stares.

Once the door shut, my anger flipped off like switch and my eyes blurred with angry tears. The water in the fountain started to rock back and forth, becoming rougher with my anger.

"God damn it, dad!" I cried, collapsing on the bench.

I felt arms around my waist, pulling me into a chest. It smelled like the forest and a slight hint of dirt.

michael.

"It's okay, I saw it all. Your dad went back inside after I came out. You're alright. It's okay to break. Don't think you're weak. You finally met a lost figure in your life."

michael whispered, rocking me back and forth on his lap. I cried softer into his neck and he shushed me, rubbing my hip and stroking my hair.

I lifted my head up, staring into his baby green eyes. They reminded me of the grass on a spring day. The leaves off a tree. A shiny emerald. They were gorgeous.

"Beautiful." michael whispered, cupping my face and running his thumb over the expanse of my cheeks.

My skin burned and before I could say anything, lips were on mine.

I gasped slightly, my body reacting positively. I grabbed onto his wrists, kissing back just as hard. My legs went around his waist and his hands slipped down to my own, gripping them under my shirt, causing goosebumps.

My arms slipped to his neck and we pulled back, panting.

"Are you okay?" michael breathed. I nodded, still in a daze and he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Are you guys alright ou- oh." We turned to see my dad who looked slightly embarassed. "I didn't mean to intrude. And Luke, whatever sexuality you are, I will always accept and support you." My dad fumbled and disappeared back inside.

"What a fucking day." I laughed, starting to get out michael's lap. His grip tightened and I looked back up at his smirking self.

"I'll let you go if I get another kiss." He grinned cheekily, puckering his lips slightly.

"Fuckin idiot."

I laughed, and gave him a quick peck. My lips still felt tingly and my stomach was flipping and my head was fuzzy.

"Let's go back inside, yeah?"

A/N: don't even ask.