15- Fallen [Requested]

ShiroNeki X reader requested by asfwoozi

A/n: this is an AU. No ghouls, no CCG. Just a normal lifestyle. Merry Christmas for those who celebrates it and enjoy! ☆~(ゝ。∂)

You and Kaneki had been together for 2 years already and you've started to notice the change in his personality. He became more distant and his smile around you looks clearly forced. He rarely touched you, not even a peck on the lips or cheeks. You would try to kiss his cheek and he would just smile and pushes you away gently. He comes home late and he rarely answers your calls and texts. It was certainly not like him.

It worries you so much, thinking that you may have did something wrong which made him act that way. You sometimes tried to talk it out with him but he would either ignore the topic or change to another one. You felt even more anxious as negative thoughts started filling your usually optimistic way of thinking. You tried pushing away the pessimistic thoughts and made a decision to take a stroll on the city.

"6.15pm, huh..." You glanced at your watch and sighed, the white puffs of air clouded your vision.

It was almost Christmas and decorations were already set up all around the lively city of Tokyo. Kaneki went out somewhere and he didn't even tell you where and what time he will come back. It was cold so you were wearing a thick black coat over a sweater, a grey muffler and a skinny jeans. You let your hair down and shoved your hands in your coat pocket.

You were just roaming around, wearing your headphone with a fully blasted music to calm your thoughts. Your gaze wandered around and a little bit of jealousy started to built up in you as you watch couples having fun with each other, smiling affectionately. You tore your gaze away and entered a random coffee shop. You sat nearby the window and ordered just a cup of coffee with/without sugar before taking out a novel that you just bought.

Time passes by for who knows how long and you noticed the sky turned darker. You checked your phone. No text messages, not even a single missed call. It was already past 8 in the evening and you decided to leave the coffee shop. You paid for your order and started to put on your headphone as you leave the shop. Anxiousness bubbled up in your heart as you felt that something bad was going to happen.

Your anxiety grew as you saw an awfully familiar figure with white hair walking on the street the opposite of yours. The figure of the man you cherished so much. You recognized the unique snow colored hair of your boyfriend and you wanted to run up to him, hug the life out of him and tell him how much you love him. But you stood still, legs refusing to move as you tried to process what you just saw.

Your boyfriend was with another woman.

You would've thought that the beautiful dark blue haired woman might possibly be an acquaintance of him but no. This was different. Their hands were entwined together tightly. And the way he look at her was the way he look at you when you two were together for the first time. The look full of care, passion and love. The look that you craved from him from the past few months. Your heart ached and tears started welling in your eyes.

With shaky hands, you took out your phone and dialed his number. You were holding your phone on your right hand and your other hand was covering your lower face. You watched as he took out his phone and furrowed his eyebrows as he saw the caller ID before rejecting the call. He smiled at the woman and shook his head before they walk away. You broke into a sob and tears roll down your reddened cheeks.

You ran the opposite way and didn't even try to wipe away your tears. You were too hurt. Too distracted to even care about your appearance. You continued to ran, following where your feet was carrying you. Eventually your knees gave away and more tears started spilling out as you realize where you were. Your sobs became louder as memories of you and Kaneki came flooding back and you covered it up with your muffler.

It was the park where you and Kaneki had your first meeting.

The park where he asked you out to be his girlfriend.

The park where you both spend most of your precious time together.

"I'm no good for him after all..."