Chapter 4 - My Ass Hurts

"Try again." Kingdon laughed, riding past me on his skateboard.

"Go suck a brick." I mumble, getting off the ground, picking up the skateboard.

There was no way in hell I was getting on that death trap again. I've fallen one too many times and I'm not letting it happen again, just so he can laugh at me. Nope. Worst date ever. My ass is sore from falling too much. The guy didn't even give me lessons! He just handed me a board, told me not to fall, then skated off on a board of his own, doing tricks, and showing off.

"What was that?" He suddenly breathes in my ear, making me jump. He laughs more and wraps his arms around me from behind. "Didn't mean to scare you."

I swatted his hands away and walked away without a word.

"Sorren, where are you going?" He asks, running up to me.

"Where's the food? You said free food, where is it?" I smile, my tummy rumbling with the thought of food.

"I have to buy it first." He chuckles, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together.

Kingdon takes me to a hotdog stand just around the corner. Classy right? We grab our dogs and sit down on the curb, eating away, the two skatebards under our feet.

"How did you get so good at skating?" I ask, taking a swig of water.

"I've been skating since I was little. It's been a huge hobby of mine." He smiles at me, his blue eyes twinkling.

I smile back before looking at the ground. A pink color taking over my cheeks. There's just something about those blue orbs that makes my stomach turn and makes me blush easily. He's adorable. I can't help it.

"What's your hobby?" He asks, nudging my shoulder.

"Drawing." I smile, looking up at him.

"Are you good at it?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm decent."

"I want you to draw me a design for my board."

"Woah there." I giggle. "First date and you already want something from me."

He lets out a laugh and looks at me. "I want to see your skills. I mean, you're a math teacher. Why didn't you go into art or something?"

"I enjoy math. Sure, I'd rather be an art teacher, but I didn't major in it. I majored in math and all that other shit."

He nods, getting up from the curb, throwing his and mine trash out in the trash can, and comes over to me, holding a hand out to me. I take it and he pulls me up, never letting go of my hand.

"What kind of art do you like to draw the most? I want to think of designs for my board around your talents." He winks at me, swinging our hands between us. We walk over to wear our boards are resting and sit on them.

"I like the cartoon kind of stuff...I tried drawing realistic, but it always turns out to be like a cartoon." I smile.

"Great! I'll give you some ideas soon!" Kingdon gets up, grabs his board and starts walking away. I sit there like a moron, staring at his retreating back, hoping to God he's kidding right now, and not walking away after thinking he's getting a board design from me. Hell to the no.

"You coming, sunshine?" Kingdon calls, looking over his shoulder at me.

I scramble to my feet and follow after him.

Kingdon ended up walking me home. He walked me to my doorstep too, like a true gentleman. But, I wasn't going to let him get me off guard so he can break it. No, my walls aren't that thin.

"So I guess this is goodnight." He said, giviing me a smile.

"Yes it is. I'll see you at work tomorrow." I gave him a polite smile and turned to my door, opening it with my key and walking inside.

"Not going to invite me in?"

"I'm not a whore, so no." I shut the door in his face and took off my jacket.

"I meant coffee." He laughed.

"Goodnight, Mr. Blake." I smiled at the door.

"Goodnight, Ms. Kanes."

~*~

 I walked into my classroom five minutes before the bell rang. I sat down at my desk and went over my game plan for the day.

"Ms. Kanes?" A deep voice asked from my doorway.

I look over and see the teenager I ran away from yesterday.

"Nixon, hello." I greet, trying to hide my nervousness.

He closed the door behind him and walked over to my desk, pulling up a chair in front of it, resting his elbows on the surface. "Let me take you out tonight."

I looked up at him with shock. "Excuse me?"

"Come on, Ms. Kanes. What can it hurt?"

"My job." I point out.

"Live on the wild side." He smirked at me and started leaning forward.

I shook my head no. I cannot let this happen.

"I bet I could take you out on a better date than skate boarding." He scoffed.

I snap my eyes to his. How the hell did he know?! "Howdid you know he took me skate boarding?"

"I was walking by with some friends. I find it weird seeing a teacher skate and do tricks though. He's like in his twenties. Get a different hobby."

"Leave him alone, Nixon. Just because you're jealous.." I whisper quietly.

"Jealous?! Why the hell would I be jealous?!" He yelled sarcastically, throwing his hands in the air and slamming them back down on my desk. "Because after we shared an amazing kiss that I can't stop thinking about, you went out with a teacher?!"

I got up from my chair, moving around my desk slowly. "Nixon, please keep your voice down..."

He looked at me with sad brown eyes, whispering quietly, "I can't get you out of my head."

I moved closer to him, which was really kind of stupid, sitting on my desk next to him, tears forming in my eyes. It hurts that I'm hurting this boy right now. I did do something terrible. It was like a stab to the chest to him.

Nixon got up and stood in front of me, taking my face into his hands. "Ms. Kanes. Sorren, I know I can make you happy if you give me the chance..."

"Nixon." I shook my head no.

"One more kiss." He leaned in and covered my mouth with his.

That's when the door to my classroom started to open.

**********************************************************************************************************

Sorryyyyy!! I know I'm uploading reeeeeally slow, but I just don't like writing as much as I used to, it's actually really sad...

Sorry guys! I'll update when I can!

Song on the side: Who Am I? by I See Stars <3

:) -FallenTorment16