Chapter 14 - Heart To Heart

For the second time in a row this weekend, I woke up with a huge hangover. I grumbled and pulled myself out of my nice warm bed and to the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror, I noticed I was still in my outfit from last night and I groaned quietly, careful not to disturb my aching head. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, wiped off my makeup, and took two pills for my hangover. When I got back to my room I just changed into my fluffy Beetlejuice pajama pants and black Cami with a bra. I hate when my girls are all willy nilly. Makes me feel not secure.

I walked out of my room to the kitchen where I started a pot of coffee and making breakfast, since Storm did it yesterday. After I got the coffee brewing I took a sweep of the apartment. Storm was not to be found. She must still be sleeping. I took a look at the clock that told me if was twelve-thirty.

So breakfast is turning into lunch. I hummed a soft tune and rummaged through the fridge to find some nice yummy food for our hangovers. When I couldn't find anything, I decided to order a pizza online from my phone. I ordered a pepperoni and bacon covered pizza with extra bacon and some cheese bread. I drooled while filling out the order.

Storm came out of her room and sluggishly made her way to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

"Morning." She whispered, filling a black mug with the warm liquid.

"Good morning, Sunshine." I told her quietly. I was laughing at her in my head. She looked ridiculous. Her blonde hair was legit, on top of her head, her make up was smeared down to her cheeks, and she was wearing the same thing she was last night.

"Any food?"

"I just ordered a pizza. Should be here within the next forty minutes or so. Go get changed and take some medicine. We got a movie marathon you promised." I smile.

Storm gives me a smile back and goes back to her room with her coffee still in hand.

I make my way to the living room and rummage through all of our movies. Storm is a huge horror movie junkie, so of course I have to add in some horror. I lay out about ten movies that I'm sure will take up the rest of our day and a good part of our night. I go to sit on the couch to wait for Storm.

The next week's activities come to mind. I can't help but think about how I won't be able to see Nixon for a couple more days due to his suspension. Seeing Kingdon will make me want to run away and hide forever. I'm still not ready to face him just yet, but part of me needs the closure and I can't help but be curious to what he remembers from that night. 

I probably should at least talk to Kingdon. I have no clue what I would even say to the guy, but he doesn't really deserve the cold shoulder I'm giving him now. 

"What did I tell you about thinking this weekend?" Storm says, walking into the living room, affectingly cutting off my train of thought. I looked over at her and she looked much better than she did when she woke up. She removed all of her make up and put on some ripped leggings and an over sized off the shoulder black sweater with fuzzy white socks to keep her feet warm.

"You told me to not think and just relax." I smile, humoring her.

"Rhetorical question, but thank you fro answering correctly." She sits next to me and gets comfortable. "What's first movie wise?"

"Want to start off with Sinister?" I ask, naming her favorite horror movie. That movie creeps me the fuck out. But I'll suffer through it for her.

Storm smiles. "You hate that one."

I like horror movies, I'm not a chicken when it comes to them, but Sinister  fucked me up. The guys face is scary as hell, I will watch the second one under a blanket and only if I have a male there to protect me. Cause fuck that guy. I refuse. Storm could protect me just fine, but it's the thought of just having a guy there that just makes me feel safe. Cause then there's two people in this place that can kick some ass.