Chapter 6

Alex Reagan Valerio

"Good morning, milady,"Iya, the closest maid to me, greeted me with her famous curtsey.

"Iya.."I called out for her. I just hate curtseys and stuffs related to me being treated like a shitty princess.

"Sorry milady. You know I just love serving you as though your some kind of..."she paused before giggling as she sees me glaring at her. I start walking down the stairs, before she follows behind me.

"Milady, your cousin is downstairs,"she mutters before I wave her off.

"Iya.."I called out before she turns right to face me.

"Good morning,"I greeted before giving her a smirk. A smirk, perhaps wouldn't be a good great gesture for early morning greetings but I just am not fond of smiling as I've mentioned before.

"What are you even doing here?"I asked as my gaze is diverted to the guy sitting on my house's couch as if he was a King. He's just a silly little boy.

"Hello to you too my dear cousin,"he greeted before drinking his glass of milk and a white line forms just above his upper lip. See, he's just a boy.

Though with his fine and worked out self now, he seems a lot different now in terms of appearance. He used to look like a broom stick with a really long handle.

"Aren't you supposed to be at home?"I asked.

"And aren't you supposed to be at school?"he retorted.

"Be absent. Tired,"I uttered before sitting next to him and putting my feet on the coffee table.

"Tired coz' you fo--"I cut him off by slapping my hand to his mouth to shut him up. My parents don't know anything about me fighting. Not even Xander.

"Tired because of what, mmm?"speaking of the devil.

Good thing mom uttered something else like put down your feet Alex and sit like a lady. I won't have to explain to my brother.

"I'm going to be absent,"Xander said, before sitting on the couch across us. I gave him a slight shake of my head, like a no-no gesture.

"Nope, you'll go to school and apologize to Charles and to Mr. Thompson,"I said, before he was about to complain I pointed at Dad who just came out of the kitchen.

Xander was about to say something out before closing his mouth like a fish gaping out of water. Before he muttered a silent okay. I didn't miss the annoyance on his face.

"So, Theo what are your plans for today?"Xander asked, diverting the topic before I'd change my mind and tell mom and dad about what he did yesterday.

"I think I'll be going with Alex to school,"Theo replied.

"I thought I said I'll be absent,"I muttered giving him a questioning look.

"Nope, you won't. To be fair with Xander,"he muttered, right before I raised my index finger at him, as if it was the middle finger. I sure can't raise my middle finger in the house, especially with Xander in around.

"Yey! You're really awesome couz,"Xander said before giving Theo a thumbs up.

And surely, he didn't miss the annoyance on my face.

Whatever guys.

* * *

"Ready now. 1...2..."before Xander could finish Theo had already had a headstart.

Cheater!

He probably knew he'd still lose in whatever games we had. After all, he doesn't want me to take this game in my own terms. But then, I knew my way to school and all the different shortcuts in the city.