--

“Here’s my ticket.” I spoke to Valet.

“Okay, I’ll be back in a sec.” He reassured.

“Abby.” Trey said walking closer behind me.

My head shook as I wanted to avoid him for the time being, but being that the only other person around was going to get my car… made it impossible.

“Abb-“ He paused, but I could sense the hesitation.

“You don’t have to say anything, just leave it alone okay? Like you said, we can’t change what happened between us.” I reminded him.

“It’s not that Abby. I just never thought things would be so complicated between us.” He confessed. “I just don’t want to lose you.” He continued.

“Lose me? Trey you can’t lose something you don't have.” I barked.

“What is that supposed to mean?” He questioned.

I turned around to face my lost love. “Trey, we were never anything real. We tried to make each other happy, but really all we are is best friends, but now we can’t even make that work.” I admitted.

He looked off to the side as if he was trying to come up with something, but I’ve always been able to read Trey like the back of my hand and he knew I was right. “Trying to make us into something more was a mistake. We only ruined each other Trey, and right now I’m happy with this man, I’m in love with him and he loves me!” I tried convincing him.

“And I didn’t?” He questioned as he eyes revealed pain, anger and regret. “Abby I was in love with you, all I wanted was you!” He said offended.

I shook my head at his sorry ass answer.

“You had a hell of a way of showing it Trey.”

His jaws began to tick again.

“And you think you’re easy to love?” He criticized.

My head tilted to the side as I focused in on him.

“I mean you’re too complex Abby, it’s not a simple relationship with you.” He insulted.

I laughed a single laugh before it turned into rage.

“Who the fuck are you… to talk to me like that? You aren’t man enough to love a woman like me! I was there for your sorry ass. All I WANTED was you, but you weren’t there! ” I spat with my words dripping with venom.

“That’s your only claim. You can’t tell me about how I felt, Abby. I was in love with you and no matter what you’ll never find anyone to replace that love I gave to you; no one can love you like I can.”