Chapter 7: Opening Old Scars

Start from the beginning

"What the hell was that for?" I whispered angrily.

She ignored my question and pulled me away from the crowd. When we stopped walking I managed to pull my hand from her grip. I was about to ask her why she did that when I noticed her body had gone rigid. Her hands were balled into fists and her eyes shut closed. She gasped and her eyes opened, her eyes rolled back into her head. I involuntarily took a step back, as I watched her body convulse. She collapsed onto her knees before her eyes returned to normal. I dropped to the floor and wrapped my arms around her.

"Are you okay?" I asked frantically, "What did you see?"

Her words came out in fractured sentences, "please... don't go... your soul... danger." She gasped and doubled over in pain.

"Alix!" I cried out. A nurse materialized beside me and rushed over to Alix.

"Caddie, leave your friend we have more important matters to deal with." A familiar voice resonated behind me.

I gave Alix's hand one last squeeze before turning to my Aunt. Heidi's hazel eyes assessed me carefully before pulling me toward the crowd. Now that the woman had calmed down she began relaying the story to the other council members. Ryder's large arms wrapped around me as we listened.

"We were just cooking dinner and then the lights went out. When they turned back on the back door was opened and a dead body was nailed to the wall!" She wailed. Ryder's arms tensed around me, I tried to pry him off of me but he wouldn't budge.

"Let me go!" I huffed.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea," he mumbled and tightened his grip. The council members shared a worried look before turning to the mass of people. The HeadMinister stood in front of the group, he looked completely at ease. They all did, it was almost as if we weren't told that a dead body was in the place we eat.

"There is no need to panic," he said in a soothing manner. Everyone immediately felt calmer. I snuck a glance at the Heart Curator and new he had something to do with the drastic change in their emotions.

"Go back to your classes and carry on with your daily routine," he ordered in a commanding voice.

When nobody started to move my aunt stepped forward and hissed," Now!"

The crowd dispersed, leaving the council members with their heirs. I swallowed a lump in my throat and looked towards the cafeteria doors. The council members cautiously walked to the door, with the rest of trailing behind. Ryder released me as we got closer to the door. Kimone hid behind Maddox, while Mira hung chewed nervously on her manicured nails. Aleksander walked up to my other side, he didn't look as frightened as the rest of us.

The HeadMinister reached out and pushed the large doors open. A strangled cry escaped Mira's lips as we saw the gruesome sight. A male corpse was hung in a crucified position above the large Nox Haven flag. The rotted flash hung off of his bloody bones, his face was crushed beyond recognition.

"Is it one of our own?" Mira's father, the Beta Warrior, asked my aunt.

My aunt broke away from the other council members, she walked up to the platform and reached out towards the dead body. Her eyes flitted closed as she concentrated on the body. The tension in the air was thick as we waited for Heidi to respond.

After a minute she turned back to us with a morbid expression on her face, "The body has been dead for about nine months. The soul seems to be lingering, but doesn't want to talk to me. I can sense dark magic around his body." She swallowed hard and looked me directly in the eye, "He's also a werewolf. Which would leads me to presume that this is Mr. Cameron Ross."

A scream flooded through the room, I hardly registered that it was mine. I was to busy trying to fight the pain that erupted in my chest. I stared into the lifeless orbs of the corpse, gone was his dry smiles and eyes filled with hope. He was truly dead. Tears fell down my cheeks at a rapid pace. I tried to look away but I couldn't; it was my fault that he was dead.

"Caddie," a voice murmured in my ear. I looked at the owner of the voice and was immediately filled with rage and hurt. Aleksander looked broken as he glanced at Cam, but that only fueled my anger. He had no reason to be upset over his death, Cam never meant anything to him. No one meant anything to Aleksander, he was nothing but a selfish asshole who never cared about anything but himself. I never should have saved him! My heart palpitated in my chest. I stared at him with wide eyes when I realized that I said that out loud.

"I'm so sorry Caddie. I never wanted your friend to die, but I didn't want to die either," his voice was weak, later I would feel bad that he was on the verge of crying. But I couldn't care at that moment. I stormed out of the cafeteria, tears soaked my cheeks, sparks of electricity started to fly from palms. I missed him, I missed him so much. A phrase my dad used to tell me came to mind, you never know how much something means to you until it's gone. Yeah dad, perhaps that's the one time you were right. I continued to venture further into the castle until I no longer knew where I was. Most of the lights were turned off, a cold feeling filtered through the air. Something was wrong.

"You look lost... Mhmm how unfortunate for you."

**Merry Christmas guys!!! I hope you liked that chapter, I still need to edit so I'm sorry for the mistakes. Please comment and vote!! And we're so close to 1K reads, thank you all for reading and happy New Years as well!!**