Chapter 7

DISCLAIMER:

I (SADLY) DO NOT OWN STAR TREK OR ANYTHING RELATED TO STAR TREK, I ONLY OWN PEYTON AND KYLIE

+*+*+*+*+

Kylie’s POV

When the Enterprise got out of warp, everyone on the bridge had a full view of Vulcan. Pieces of Federation ships floated around us, and Sulu tried his best to dodge the debris. The Romulan ship was massive and I glared at it with hatred.

Spock called from his station, “Captain, they’re locking torpedoes.”

“Avert auxiliary power from port nacelles to forward shields,” Pike commanded. Torpedoes hit the Enterprise, causing major damage. “Sulu, status report.”

“Shields at thirty-two percent. Their weapons are powerful, sir. We can’t take another hit like that,” Sulu answered.

“Get me Starfleet Command.”

“Captain, the Romulan ship has lowered some kind of high energy pulse device into the Vulcan atmosphere. Its signal appears to be blocking out communications and transporter abilities,” Spock said.

“All power to forward shields. Prepare to fire all weapons,” ordered Pike.

“Weapons ready,” I said.

“Captain, we’re being hailed,” Uhura told Pike.

On the viewscreen showed a Romulan. “Hello,” he said, his voice almost friendly.

“I’m Captain Christopher Pike. To whom am I speaking,” the Captain addressed.

The Romulan tilted his head towards Pike. “Hi Christopher, I’m Nero.”

“You’ve declared war against the Federation. Withdraw. I’ll agree to arrange a conference with Romulan leadership at a neutral location.”

“I do not speak for the Empire. We stand apart, as does your Vulcan crewmember, isn’t that right, Spock?” Nero’s voice was now much less kind.

“Pardon me, I do not believe that you and I are acquainted,” Spock said to Nero.

“No, we’re not. Not yet. Spock, there’s something I would like you to see. Captain Pike, your transporter has been disabled. As you can see by the rest of your armada, you have no choice. You will man a shuttle, come aboard the Narada for negotiations. That is all.” Nero’s face disappeared from the viewscreen and the captain stood from his chair.

Jim was the first to speak up. “He’ll kill you, you know that.”

Spock agreed with him, “Your survival is unlikely.”

“Captain, we gain nothing by diplomacy.  Going over to that ship is a mistake,” Jim continued.

“I, too, agree. You should re-think your strategy.”

“I understand that. I need officers who have been trained in advanced hand-to-hand combat,” Pike told to the bridge.

“I have training, sir.” Sulu raised his hand as he turned towards the captain.

“So do I,” I chimed in.

“Both of you, come with me. Kirk, you too. You’re not supposed to be here anyway. Chekov, you have the conn.”

“Aye aye, Captain,” the Ensign replied with uncertainty.

Jim looked at me as we followed Pike. “Look, I know you’re still upset with me. But I just wanted to thank you for backing me up with the Romulan thing.”

Through the Stars: A Star Trek Fan Fiction (On Hold)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें