Lunatics · Chap 058 · Promises kept and new ones made

HE VERIFIED if the door was locked. The prisoner would not open it from inside. He checked his aching fingers. They were hurt. There were plenty of movement down the hall while he walked up to the toilet.

He stood in front of the mirror and disliked, as always, his thin lips. They also caused him pain because of the strike the grey-haired son of a bitch... Where the fuck did he learn how to fight?

The lights flickered five times and Victor Furuya knew the rain outside was getting heavier. He washed his aching fingers and pondered how much of the blood flowing down the drain was his, how much belonged to the Turkish prisoner. A chin hard as a rock.

His father has raised him to be a winner, a champion. He had had a bashing at the airport. Shame on him. What a lousy display for someone destined to be the best... The sound of the thunder reminded him of the forces of nature. He had to be one with the universe. He had to absorb the forces of the permanent things, and soothe the spirit with unequivocal truths.

Marcus Mondrian might become a powerful ally or a deadly enemy; he had contacts in the underworld, was aware of stuff the department ignored, fought with a fresh technique... Furuya would learn everything he could with that new lad and then decide what to do with him. Vengeance was sweeter if eaten cold.

Verhoeven entered the toilet when Furuya was pissing.

"Are you nuts?!"

The Neotokyan grimmed, ironically.

"This ain't supposed to be pissed on?"

"The old man will be furious! You fucked the face of the prisoner!"

Furuya laughed. He provoked the colleague.

"No one needs a face to speak, Pornoven."

"You're all fucked up!"

"He'll sing, trust me. Give me a bit more ticks and he'll sing as a canary."

Verhoeven looked at Furuya without knowing what to say. Furuya shook his own huge penis and showed it ostensibly.

"Want to get a hold of it?"

One of Verhoeven's eyes focused on Furuya's big organ while the other eye stared at a place between the sink and the mirror. Furuya laughed and Verhoeven got out of the toilet.

"You fulla shit!"

"Hey, wait!"

Furuya zipped his pants and followed Verhoeven through the hall.

"He mustn't be pretty in his funeral. After we discover what we need, we can set a scheme involving that pantuf Carnation."

"What?"

"A love crime. Ibrahim abandons his boyfriend and leaves a fortune as compensation. Angry boyfriend kills Ibrahim and kills himself. Perfect, clean."

"You make me sick, you know?"

Verhoeven turned his back on Furuya and walked toward the interrogation room.

Major Mendonça entered the opposite hall in the exact time the powerful rumble of a thunder echoed within the walls of the FID building. Furuya erased the smile from his face and waited for the leader of his team beside Verhoeven.

"Did you hurt him?"

Both agents kept silent. Then Mendonça unlocked the door. Ibrahim looked at the three men. Although his face was swollen and bleeding, his eyes were calm and his muscles were relaxed.