Chapter 36 - birthday sex

"Do you think Louis will notice that we are throwing him a party?" Harry asks Niall nervously while they're seated on the couch, looking around at the decorated large home. You see, it was Louis' birthday and Harry wanted to throw him a party. So, Harry called up Zayn to go distract him for a bit while Harry, Niall, and Liam hung up birthday balloons, made the food and desert, and put his presents under the tree.

Harry was happy that there was no Lauren or Nick here in the house to celebrate Louis' birthday, both away to their parents places for the holidays. Zayn simply refused to go with Lauren because her parents absolutely despised him, and Niall on the other hand had just gotten in a fight with Nick who fled off without a goodbye.

"I mean . . . yeah." Niall admits, scratching the back of his neck. Harry frowns for a while, he hoped it wouldn't be too obvious that they were doing this. Suddenly, his phone lights up, making a loud ding that echoes throughout the room. Harry looks at his phone, eyes widening at the text. "What is it?" Niall asks, leaning over to try and see what's going on.

"Liam! You better finish up your cooking and get out here. Louis is—oh god—on his way!" Harry shouts frantically, wincing when he hears some silverware clatter from the kitchen, followed by an ow! Liams' footsteps echo throughout the house as he runs, sliding in the living room with a batman onesie on. Both, Niall and Harry shake their heads at the sight of him.

"Should we hide behind the couch?" Niall asks, groaning when Liam jumps and lands on him, giggling afterwards. Harry nods in agreement, getting up from his spot and crouching behind the large piece of furniture, Liam and Niall doing the same. The green eyed boy gasps when he sees the lights still on, heart thumping because he also sees Zayns' car pull up.

"We need to turn off the lights!" Harry exclaims, making his way up from behind the couch but stops when he sees Liam jump into action. Like, literally. He does summersaults and cartwheels while making his way to the light switch, flipping it off quickly before running back to the couch and hiding behind it, shushing a laughing Niall.

The laughing stops when Zayn opens the door, making room for a confused Louis who steps in hesitantly, wondering why the lights are all off. "Zayn?" Louis turns to his best friend, jumping in his spot when Zayn turns on the lights and Harry, Niall, Liam jump up from their spots with wide smiles on their faces. "What the fuck?"

"Happy Birthday!" The three boys who are now making their way towards Louis with opened arms shout, pulling him in for a group hug (with Zayn, of course). Louis wraps his arms around all of them, a smile making it's way to his lips. Sure, he's always went to the bar for his birthday but to think that he's actually spending time with his lovely boyfriend and friends for his birthday makes him extremely happy.

"I—I don't know what to say, guys . . . thank you." Louis says after they pull away from the hug, keeping his arms around Harry and smiling into his neck while he takes in his scent. Harry giggles, a large smile on his face and all of the other guys coo.

"It's no big deal. You're twenty four now, old man! Seems like it was just yesterday when you were eighteen." Zayn pretends to cry, patting Louis on the back and sitting on the couch. Louis groans, pulling away from Harrys' neck and giving him a chaste kiss on the lips, smoothly gripping his bum in the black skinny jeans which makes Harry yelp in surprise.

"Don't even say that, Zayn. I still look pretty good for a twenty four year old, right?" Louis teases and every one shakes their head jokingly, making him frown and cross his arms. "Well, at least in the photoshoots." He shrugs and closes his eyes, smelling his house. "Oh my god, did someone cook today?" He asks, sniffing the air again and sighing in delight.