Chapter 15 Answers & Groveling

CONLAN POV

We were twenty minutes into the movies before Liam and Kitten were asleep. I watch them for them a while before I shift her into Liam's arms and slide from the bed. I pad bare foot into the kitchen and pull a bottle of water out. I take a sip before scrubbing my hand over my face. I knew I shouldn't go to sleep here, knew what could happen. I needed to sleep somewhere I couldn't harm anyone by accident. Wandering around the kitchen I open a door and pray it's a basement and not a pantry. It is. Grimly I climb down the steps. I go to the space underneath the stairs and propping myself against the wall I allow myself to fall asleep.

..........

When I open my eyes I know I'm asleep. For one I'm in Kitten's body instead of mine. For two I'm helpless. I've never been helpless not like this and I can understand why Kitten is so traumatized. If I'm only getting parts of her life....then....Phelan is right. Kitten is a very strong person. I watch through slit eyes as he steps forward and kneels in front of me. I try to pull back but cold metal is wrapped around my neck chaining me to the floor like a kept dog. I whimper as his hand touches my cheek. My eyes stare into his as he uses his claws and slashes into my face. I bite my lip, drawing blood but I don't speak. He hisses and digs in a little further before pulling his hand away. He licks the blood on his claws as he smiles.

"You want to play a game, little kitty? I can make you scream. It will be so sweet." I shake my head and he pulls a photo of Riki out of his pocket. "Should we get sissy to play?" I shake my head and he laughs in delight, rubbing his hands together. "What should we do tonight little kitty? Maybe bring a friend?" A man walks in the room and I start to scream. I know what happens when these two get me.

I try to wake up, force myself from my dream state, but I can't. I can't without help and I've locked the bond down tight. I can't give this back to her. This pain I caused her. I remembered my deal with Jarek the first time I'd gotten trapped here. I'd said he wouldn't kill her until she could fight back. I hadn't specified pain. He'd hurt her because I'd taken his prize. I had done this. My mate had suffered because of me. White hot agony rips through me and I smell burning flesh as I collapse to the floor screaming, always screaming.

ASH POV

I jerk upright and bed and stare at an equally bewildered Liam. I reach back for Con but he isn't there. I try to remember what had woken me as the boys come flying into the room. Their eyes are frightened and Caine goes to speak when we hear it. A scream echoes through the house. A scream filled with pain. A male scream. I scramble from the bed as I speak.

"Con." We follow the screams to the basement. As soon as I open the door the scream cuts off and all I hear is harsh gasps for air. It takes a moment to find him but when I see him I cry out. He's been branded with a cat shape on his chest. I rub my chest as Caine steps forward. I scream and jerk him back.

"No. He'll attack. He won't know who we are." I look at Liam and reach out to grasp his hand. "We have to go in after him." Liam shakes his head as Con starts to whimper. I clutch his hand tighter. "We have to hurry. I know what he's dreaming about. You don't want to let him get further into this dream. It might kill him." Emerald eyes stare into mine. "It's my memories Liam. I've seen them before I know how to get him out." I start to sob as I pull at him. I don't know how to get into the dream without him. "Don't make him suffer through this one alone, please." I hear Con's shirt rip and I look back to see claw marks on his right nipple. No...no...not this one. "Liam I swear if you don't do this I will never forgive you." Liam sighs and pulls me close...

...............

ASH PAST

Liam and I are in my memories but I don't see Con. He should be here. I hear a scream as look down at my younger self. No he can't be....horror fills me.