COMING HOME

Gibbs sat in his car watching the travic around him moving in slow motion.

A bit snow and no one is able to drive normally anymore.

His mood got worse with every second. He wanted to be home with his family not in his car in a blizzard with scared idiots all around him.

Hitting the stirringwheel he swore loudly. He turned the radio on.

All that was said were warnings about the steadily increasing storm so he turned it off again.

He was still a few hours away from home and hoped he would make it in time. He promised Jasmine he would be there and he did not want to disappoint her.

The weather did not improve the next morning. Every few minutes Jasmine looks outside the window.

"Come on Jas, it will not change in the blink of an eye. We have to wait and see if Gibbs is able to make it in time." Jenny says when she notices the girl making her way to the window for the seventh time.

"Have you tried calling him again?" the girl sits next to Jenny on the sofa.

Jenny nods. " But he still did not answer."

Jasmine sighs heavily. Jenny puts her arm around the girl and pulls her in a hug.

" I'm scared, Jenny. I lost so much I can not loose him aswell." tears begin to stream down the girls cheeks.

" I know, baby, I know. Hush now. Everything will be alright. I am sure Gibbs will be with us in time for dinner."

Jasmines body shakes because of her sobbing. She doesn't know why but the crying helps her to get over the emotional turmoil she feels inside.

Jenny knows there is little she can do to stop the girl's crying. So she just sits there holding Jasmine tight and stroking her hair to calm her down.

The day goes by with everyone being anxious.

When it was time for dinner there was still no sight of Gibbs.

Everyone sits at the table but no one would start eating.

Jenny tries to get them to eat but all she gets is the shaking of heads.

"I know it would end like this. It would have been to good to be true if we were all together to celebrate." Jasmine punches the tabletop and stands up to leave the table.

"Jasmine sit back down, please. You have to eat." Jenny orders.

"You said Gibbs would be home tonight. You lied. I don't want to be with you right about now." the girl retorts and stomps up the stairs.

Ziva is about to go after her when Jenny stops her.

"Let her go. It is hard for her."

The room falls silent for a while.

"You know, if we are not going to eat we could open the present. I already saw three with my name on them." Tony tries to lighten the situation.

"DiNozzo, there will be no presents until after dinner. I drove all day without eating and I will starve if I don't get fed right now."

Everyone turnes around to see a smiling Gibbs in the doorway.

"Gibbs!" Abby jumps up to give him one of her hugs.

"Hey Abs" he kisses her temple. "Merry christmas to all of you." he says when he walks inside inhaling the delicious scent of Jennys coocking.

"Jenny, that smells pretty good. Where is Jas? I can't wait to taste this delicacies."

"She thought you would not come home and went to her room. She was pretty upset and disappointed." Jenny explains.

"I will get her. Don't start without us or DiNozzo won't leave something for the rest of us." Gibbs jokes.

"Hey! I'm hurt, boss." Tony whines.

"Oh get over it." Ziva jabs him in the side and Tony pouts.

Upstairs Gibbs knocks on Jas' door.

"Leave me alone. I'm not in the mood for company."

Gibbs opens the door and steps inside.

"Not even me?"

"GIBBS!" Jas gives him a hug comparable to Abbys.

"Hey sweety, miss me?"

"You have no idea. I am so glad you're home." he kisses her on the top of her head.

"Me too, Jas. But you know I drove very far and am hungry now, so how about we go downstairs and enjoy a wonderful christmas dinner with our family?"

Jas smiles and nods and together they join the rest at the table and it is a perfect evening for everyone.

This night Jasmine falls asleep in Gibbs arms while they sit around the tree after opening the presents.

Everyone smiles and without talking at all they sits there, enjoying each others company and being grateful for having people around who love them and who they love.

Gibbs thinks about the last christmas he felt so blessed. It was with Shannon and Kelly. But for the first time the memory does not make him sad. He truly appreciates that he got a second chance at having a family. He looks at the girl in his lap and at the woman next to him. Jenny smiles lovingly back at him.

He leans in towards her and kisses her tenderly on the lips.

No one sais a word. All of them are happy for there boss and director and nobody wants to ruin this peaceful moment.

"Merry christmas." Gibbs whispers when he and Jenny brake apart.