MEETING THE TEAM and NIGHTMARES...

Before she can ask him though the elevator reachs its destination and the doors open.
They exit the elevator and walk to an area with four desks. Two of the three agents sitting there Jamine recognizes. They all look up when the Boss and the kid come closer.
" Thats the squadroom or as we call it the bullpen. Here we are when we aren't out in the field."
Gibbs sits down at one of the desks and Jasmine is left standing awkwardly in the middle of all four of them. Gibbs sees that  she is uncomfortable and cleares his throat.
" This is my team, Jasmine. My second in command Anthony DiNozzo." 
" Hey, very special agent Anthony D. DiNozzo but you can call me Tony." he introduces himself. Jas smiles at him he seems to be a funny guy.
" The other young man is Timothy Mcgee."
" Call me Tim. Nice to meet you, Jasmine."
" Nice meeting you too, Tim."
" And our newest member of the team is Ziva David. Ex-mossad officer, I wouldn't get on her bad side if I were you."
Ziva smiles at Gibbs.
" Hello Jasmine."
" Hey."
After the awkward introductions Gibbs stands up and leaves for a coffee calling over his shoulder: " So, now that you know my agents I think it's time for you to meet Abby. DiNozzo go take her down to the lab."
DiNozzo look up at him quizzically.
" Me boss?"
" Yes, you. Now move it."

Tony sighs before standing up and walking back to the elevator.
" So who is this Abby?" Jasmine asks curious.
" She is our forensic scientist and the happiest goth you have ever seen."
The elevator stops and the two are greeted by very loud music.
" Hey Abby!" Tony calls to his friend. The music is so loud she doesn't hear him so he walks over to her and pulls on one of her pigtails. She turns around an hits Tony in the chest then turns the volume of the music down.
" Ow! Abby what did you do that for?" DiNozzo rubs his chest.
" Don't scare me like this." Abby pouts.
Tony rolls his eyes before he turnes to his company and waves her over.
" Abby this is Jasmine. She stays with Gibbs for a while, because her mother was killed and that most likely by our suspect."
Abby looks at the kid. 
" Hey"  Jasmine mumble.
Abby smiles back but it's not a warm smile.
" Tony not that it wasn't nice seeing you but I have work to do... would you..." She points to the door and makes shooing motion.
" Uh sure... We will be going then, see you later."
The goth doesn't reply just turns her music back up. Tony puts a hand on Jas' back and shoves her out of the lab to the elevator. When the doors close behind them she looks up at Tony and saying: " She doesn't like me much, eh?"
" No,No. Abby likes everyone. It's probably because we had to work hard the last couple of days and with the death of your mother we hit an other dead end. She is surely just tired and will be back to her happy self before you know it."
Jas nods but is not convinced that that's the truth.
When they walk back in the bullpen Gibbs is already back waiting for them to return.
" Lets go home, Jasmine. The rest of you get Abby and get some sleep aswell. Be back here tomorrow by noon. Goodnight."
The ride to Gibbs' house is silent. Both of them lost in their own thoughts.

Twenty minutes later they stop infront of Gibbs' home. It looks normal on the outside but when Jasmine steps inside it is clear to her that its lacking a woman's touch. But even though it is simple and plain she feels comfortable and safe there.

" Are you hungry?" Gibbs puts his gun away and goes into the kitchen to make himself an other coffee. She shook her head no. 

" Okay, then I will show you were you can sleep in a minute."
" I'm not tired, agent Gibbs."
" Just Gibbs. And you need a good night's sleep, it's been a hard evening so far."
Jasmine stares at the floor. She doesn't want to cry again but one single tear escapes.
" Ok come on upstaires."
Gibbs turns and walks through the living room and up a staircase. He opens the first door to the right and pushes his young houseguest in the room.
" You can sleep in here there is a bathroom right across the hall."
" Isn't this your room? Where are you going to sleep?"
" I don't sleep in here very often. Most of the time I am working in the basement or fall asleep on the sofa downstairs."
" Ok then thanks, agent... I mean Gibbs."
" Get ready for bed. I will put one of my shirts out for you so you don't have to sleep in your clothes."
" Thanks."
Jasmine walks over to the bathroom and splash some water in her face. She looks at herself in the mirror, the girl starring back at her is like a stranger. Her normally shining hair is now dull and her eyes are puffy and red from all the crying.
After she is finished in the bathroom she walks back to the room she would be staying in for the next couple of days. There on a chair Gibbs had layed a shirt that Jasmine put on before crawling into bed.
Jasmine closes her eyes but as soon as she does,  the images of her dead mother and all the blood come to my mind. Opening them again she stands up and walks over to the window sill to sit down. It is soothing to watch while the wind blowing through the branches of the tree infront of the house.
The girl is so lost in her thoughts that she doesn't notice Gibbs entering the room.
She flinches when he puts a hand on her small shoulder.
" Sorry I didn't mean to scare you."
 She shrugs and turns away from him.
" Why aren't you in bed?"
" Can't sleep." 
" Jasmine, I know it ain't easy to forget what happened and go to sleep but you need your strength."
Jasmine slides down from the sill and he waits until the girl is back in bed. Then Gibbs turns the light out and she turns to her side, hearing Gibbs silently leaving the room and closing the door.

Mom and I are sitting on our sofa when there is someone knocking on the door.
Mom stands up to open. I am absorbed in the movie we are watching so I don't realise when someone comes up behind me and hits me with something over the head. The last thing I hear is the screaming of my mother and then the world around me gets black.

Screaming Jas  sits up in bed. Her body is drenched in sweat. Catching her breath the girl tries to calm down before Gibbs would wake up. But right in this moment the door opens and Gibbs makes an appearance.
He takes a seat next to the bed and looks into the kid's eyes.
" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you "
" It's alright. You had a nightmare?"
She nods and shivers at the thought of it.
" Wanna tell me about it?"
It takes a bit before she answers.
" It was about the attack. I remembered that someone knocked on the door and that mom was about to open the door then I was hit and blacked out but before that I heared my mom dying. She screamed in pain." the tears stream down Jasmine's cheeks. Both of them realizing that it wasn't a dream but the memory of the girl's mother dying.
"Shh shh. Your safe. Everything is going to be all right. Calm down... That's it. Take deep breaths. Good girl, Jasmine."
Gibbs rubs her back and mutters calming words until she can breath normally again.
" You think you can get back to sleep or do you want to get up?"
" Get up."
With that she is  out of  bed. Sleeping is anyway out of the question.